Painless Braxton Hicks at 22 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Sooz, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Sooz

Sooz Paige & Mason's Mum!

Is this normal?

I've been umming and arrring about whether they were BH or not for a few days but having felt my whole tummy tense up for about twenty seconds this morning in bed and then go loose I am pretty sure they are BH now. I also get that 'balling' sensation where it feels like baby has squished up into a hard ball in one area and it is solid to the touch.

They're not very regular and only 'hurt' in that I can feel ligaments pulling as they tense up, is it anything to worry about? I don't know if they are bothering LO either as she's not been as active last couple of days.

2. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

yep thats BH's. they don't hurt, they just make your tummy feel tight or under pressure.

3. lousielou

lousielou Mummy

It sounds pretty normal to me too :) My LO has days where he's not as active, and I've felt BH since I was about 18 weeks x

4. mommytoTandE

mommytoTandE Mother of 3 & 1 angel

I have had them the past few weeks. I read somewhere that they start earlier in subsequesnt pregnancies and they are just practice. They do feel very strange though! Actually my first labor with my son started that way - they were coming like clockwork and would last a minute or so. Just make sure they aren't regular and are pretty short.

5. XJessicaX

XJessicaX mum to two girls!

I have BH, I get the tightening sensation and then it feels like the baby is being squeezed downwards. Bit annoying sometimes as its uncomfortable when her head is really low..my muscles on my pubic line have never been stretched!

6. BlessedTwice

BlessedTwice Had my baby girl April 20

Nothing to worrry about as long as they arent consistent :) I've had them since 15 weeks, and got a scare last week casue they got so uncomfortable and was happening quite often, but they have seemed to slow down, but I still seem to have them alot throughout the day.

7. KeirasMummy.

KeirasMummy. Expecting A Little Girl

i have had bh alot since about week 20, have only had painful ones recently but nothing to worry about, just your uterus getting prepared for the real thing x

8. 0_o

0_o Me, Df, Ds + Dd

I've had them since 20weeks too, every day without fail. Fun! XX

9. Sooz

Sooz Paige & Mason's Mum!

I can't say they are painful and most of the time I don't notice them....they are certainly not regular! LO livened up yesterday afternoon too so not worried, well as not worried as I usually am day to day anyway. Thanks for all your comments. :D