Pains in hip

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
Hey ladies

Sometimes when I'm walking, it won't even be far, I get such a bad pain in both my hips. I can't really describe it, but it's like a stich or stabbing pain, it's really sore and if I'm on a walk with OH, we have to stop, or go very very slowly.

Other times it's ok.

Do you think it's the way bubs is lying sometimes? It's really painful when it happens!!

i dont kno wat it is, but it happens to me too also get a bad pain going down the side of my bump.

I find I can barely walk today, my left hip is killing me. Not to mention my butt.
I have been having serious BH contractions all day long, to the point I seriously thought I was in early stages of labour.

At 27 weeks, what you are feeling is your ligaments stretching to accommodate your growing uterus and the weight of the baby. A warm bath will help.

A few stretches I was told to do by my registered massage therapist....

1) sit down on the edge of a chair/couch, but not to the point that you are risking falling off, pull one ankle onto your opposite knee, and lean forward. You will fill a pull in your groin/hip area. Hold this for 30 seconds, repeat for other leg, and then repeat both legs again.

2) standing up, grab onto a sturdy object for support, and then grasp opposite ankle with your hand and pull up towards your buttocks and tilt your pelvic region forward. You will feel the pull in your hip/pelvic area. Hold this for 30 seconds, repeat for other leg, and then repeat for both legs again.

These stretches help your ligaments/muscles stay loose and relaxed. It helped me dramatically, when I could grasp my ankle :>

I had these and was told it was stretching and the way baby was lying. It was ok when I was stopped still but sometimes more than 100 yards was agony - exactly like a stitch and could change from side to side depending.

Baby was transverse (across) at the time but has now moved head down and fingers crossed they seem to have stopped.

I have been having the same problem on odd days, I have been told its stretching, I really hope it settles down for you soon, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->