Paint and Turpentine

simmy85

Reaction score
i AM STRESSSED OUT
OMG WHAT IF I HAVE HARMED THE BABY I WAS DOING SOME NURSERY PAINTING THEN I GOT PAINT EVERY WHERE SO I USED A BIT OF TURPENTINE TO CLEAN IT, IT STUNK OF COURSE I HAD ALL THE WINDOWS N DOORS OPEN AND TRIED TO NOT BREATH MUCH RAN TO THE DOOR FOR AIR.
UGH NOW MY HUSBAND IS ALL MAD AT ME FOR DOING IT. I KNOW ITS NOT GOOD FOR ME AND IT WAS ONLY A MINUTE WORTH. OOOOOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOD. NOW IM CRYING.

:hugs: Don't panic too much. The placenta is a good barrier from anything harmful for the baby. There are lots of chemicals in cigarette smoke and car fumes and people exposed to this still have very healthy babies. You probably only breathed a miniscule amount so I'm sure baby is fine. xxxx

I agree with babushka99 - I'm sure u didnt inhale very much anyway and LO will be fine xx

Ok first of all calm down.

Secondly take your capslock off!

People have done much much much worse during pregnancy than breath in a little turps/paint fumes for a minute and have perfectly healthy babies.

Chill.

Don't worry!

It's not like you stood there purposely taking in the aroma for hours with the windows shut :)

I painted 2 rooms (small ones) since I've been pregnant and I think as long as you ventilated as much as you could, ie opening the windows and such, you were being sensible and you shouldn't panic :hugs:

Crap, we've been decorating non-stop and I must have inhaled shed-loads of fumes! But I figure exactly what everyone has said before. Hell, my mum smoked, drunk and probably took pot whilst pregnant with me (it was the 70s and she was a hippy so I assume that was likely :wacko:) and me and my sis are fine! (well, so we think!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->