Painting baby girls' nails?

kirsty1987

Reaction score
How do you all feel about this?

Id love to paint Millie's shes 10 months but wont stay still long enough to even change a nappy let alone paint her nails!!

*I'm not trying to start a debate and don't want to offend anyone, I understand everyone has their own opinions and thats fine, it would just be for fun and I would never force my child to have it done!* :)

xxx

Why do I think this thread will go on for ages and ages.....

My daughter is 10 months. I can only clip her nails when she sleeps and she fights me at every diaper change. Good luck painting your baby's nails.

If you want to do it do it, its only nail varnish after all? :shrug:

Why do I think this thread will go on for ages and age.....

I thought that when I started it!!

I would only do her toes if I could even get her to sit still long enough but as i said in the beginning, she cant even lay still for a nappy change let alone her nails painted!!

I'm only asking if people would do it..... :)

x

Well I've got a boy so it doesn't really apply but if I had a girl I personally wouldn't......really don't see the point :shrug:

Why do I think this thread will go on for ages and age.....

I thought that when I started it!!

I would only do her toes if I could even get her to sit still long enough but as i said in the beginning, she cant even lay still for a nappy change let alone her nails painted!!

I'm only asking if people would do it..... :)

x

i wouldn't personally, plenty of time for all that when she's bigger if she wants to, for now i just want to enjoy her being a baby. i don't see how you can if she's a wriggler like mine, i know i wouldn't want to upset her just so i could make her look 'pretty', i guess your LO is the same so i would say you've answered your own question anyway. maybe buy a nice new dress for her instead or a hair clip if she has long enough hair.:shrug:

I personally wouldn't. As Sophies hands/fingers are constantly in her mouth, I wouldn't want her to get those chemicals inside her.

I also don't really see the point, she's so small, I don't want her to behave/dress or look like a grown up just yet :).

Ellie would never sit long enough lol and she would lick it off before it had time to dry, nut I still dont think I would xx

No id never be able to yet as i said I was only asking the question! I would never force her to do anything she didnt want to do or that was going to upset her.

she hasnt got much hair yet ..... people think shes a boy :haha: - even though 9 times out of ten shes in pink! and a pink buggy when they ask :haha:

xxx

Nah, i wouldn't do it. I don't really see why anyone would, every mother see's there baby as being the most beautiful thing in the world, they don't need nail polish to make them prettier lol! Plus, they are just babies so they don't have a say if they would like it or not yet, i would wait until my daughter can tell me she would like nail polish, it makes more sense to me :) xx

she hasnt got much hair yet ..... people think shes a boy :haha: - even though 9 times out of ten shes in pink! and a pink buggy when they ask :haha:

xxx

Avery is still almost completely bald and won't keep a headband on. She gets mistaken for a boy all the time. I'm used to it. If the dress and sparkly silver shoes doesn't cue them in, nothing will. :haha:

xxx

Avery is still almost completely bald and won't keep a headband on. She gets mistaken for a boy all the time. I'm used to it. If the dress and sparkly silver shoes doesn't cue them in, nothing will. :haha:

awwww, I find its normally the older people that get mistaken! Millie doesnt keep shoes or socks on either! I would wa

didnt mean to send that! I was going to say I would wait until she could say she wanted hers painted even tho

baby attacking laptop so last post now,

even though I d love to now!! xxx

Personally I'm against anything like nail varnish, piercing ears.. Anything to 'glamourise' them beyond their years.. Which I expect Charlie is very relieved about :haha:

awwww, I find its normally the older people that get mistaken! Millie doesnt keep shoes or socks on either! I would wa

For some reason Avery will keep her cruisers on. They are silver! If she's just wearing socks, she must take them off. I'm trying to keep something on her feet as it's chilly out now.

Ruffly socks would help babies look like girls if they would keep them on.

I won't do it until she's old enough to ask, she's a baby, i personally really don't agree with it...

I saw a baby the other day wearing high fricking heels if you please!!!!

I wouldn't, they don't need it. I might do it for her at the weekend when she's 5 or 6 for a treat and let her play with my makeup if we were staying in.

There was a thread asking same thing a couple of months ago and it ran and ran...

When she's 5 or so then I might say yes if she asks, but only really for fun and not to leave the house in. Same with make up. It's all grown up dress up, and to me she's got to be old enough to ask to play dress up.

If I saw a baby with nail polish on I would think "chavvy mum", I'll probably get knocked for that but that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->