PAL and exercise? BD?

Rowan75

Mam
Reaction score
Just thought Id post a thread and see if anyone who is PAL is exercising and doing the do?

Ive been doing neither and am going to ask my mw on tuesday what she thinks of both

:flower:

I was pretty nervous about both too- my BFP co-incided with a lul in my excercise routine (my excercise buddy and Icouldnt co-ordinate) so I did take it easy for the first couple of months. And I was worried about bding too incase it juggled something loose so we didnt do it that much in the first tri! I think both are fine -just maybe not major acrobatics in the bedroom! haha. GL!xx

My consultant told me to get gentle exercise, so I did. Then I saw her on Thursday for my first scan and she told me to take it easy for the next two weeks until we see a heartbeat. After four losses we're getting pretty desperate and trying to control absolutely everything. No flying for me, either (I have a clotting condition).

i know usually bd doesnt hurt, but i cut out everything that even remotely could have a chance of harm. its probably a stupid thing to worry about, but i dont want to have any excuse to blame myself this time.

Kiley

thanks ladies its not just me then :)

oh fingers crossed for us all!! x

I'm the same- I'm a HUGE runner- was doing 5-6 miles daily for the past few years. Both my FS and my OB told me no more than walking or swimming. I kept my normal routine pre-ovulation but in the 2ww I only walked- it's a challenge to be sedentary- but it's worth it- and right now I'm not even going for good long walks like I was- I just feel super careful and I want NOTHING causing any problems. I can get in shape AFTER the fact. As far as sex - we've DTD twice - including the 2ww... it scared the HECK out of me after and I felt like the fear wasn't worth it.. so we're holding off for the 1st tri. I think for most people it IS fine.. I'm just choosing not to! :hugs:

so you are still walking short distances and swimming holly?

I was thinking that if this is going to be a "normal" pregnancy then should I start thinking like a "normal" pg lady? if you know what I mean? Like if this is for the long haul then I had always imagined I wuold be fit and healthy all the way through and hopefully not put too much weight on etc but of course that is over taken by the daily fear of whether the baby is ok - but at what point do you let that go and start enjoying being pg?

Its getting a lot better now we have our doppler I must say! I noticed yesterday that weve been a lot more relaxed and smiley and laughing a lot - hadnt realised how worried we have been

Well- for right now- NOTHING. When I went for my 1st u/s @ 4w6d - there was a small area of placenta separation and I FREAKED. I was only walking about an hour a day up until then- but w/ having the placenta issue- I was advised to halt ALL activity- partial bedrest almost. I was scared CRAPLESS. So I literally sat on my BUTT .. went back a week later and THANK YOU GOD it's completely healed and we saw the h/b @ 5w6d so .. all is well. I was told I could resume walking and swimming- but haven't done so as I feel like I want to doubly sure.. I go back Thursday for another u/s and if all goes well- I will then resume walking an hour a day most days of the week.

I always imagined I'd remain active too- in fact- thought I'd still be jogging lightly, etc.. but the MC has completely scarred me unfortunately. And while it SHOULD be ok- I'm not adding even a 1% risk of another mc. It's just not worth it.

So, basically if everything goes well Thursday~ I will resume my daily walks! :thumbup: My body is accustomed to a heck of a lot more- so I think walking is a good compromise and good for blood flow and such- AND it's better than nothing.

Hoping the supposed increased metabolism from being preggo helps pick up the difference!

so glad the placenta is ok again - phew! Just noticed your journal - how have I missed it before!

Ive got friends who still run 5k a day and do zumba while pg and Im amazed!

i was recommended swimming by my midwife :)
((hugs))

wow that's awesome that your friend does! I am sure I "could" .. it's just more a choice for now.

Yeah, thankfully everything is healed- but part of me wonders if I'm at a higher risk of happening again after there being an issue so I'm just toning it down some.

I DID exercise when I was preggo in Jan/Feb- nothing major- but I was doing the elliptical and biking lightly- and while I know it's likely NOT the cause of the mc- it makes me fearful, that's for sure. Has your friend ever had a mc??

Just thought Id post a thread and see if anyone who is PAL is exercising and doing the do?

Ive been doing neither and am going to ask my mw on tuesday what she thinks of both

:flower:

It's not just you, my gym pass is gathering dust, since I ovulated, and we haven't dtd since then either :shrug:

I am planning on starting swimming this coming week though, maybe a few times a week.

I'm still doing the same exercise I did before, although right now ms is making running somewhat impossible unless I want to barf on the treadmill :haha:

I was pretty terrified at first.... but I got two different doc opinions and both assured me all the same exercise I was doing before is fine... intercourse is absolutely fine... even despite my previous losses.

Currently I'm doing weights/resistance, walking hills, bike, elliptical, or stairs... and I'm not opposed to running I just don't have the stomach for all the jostling right now. ;)

Honestly, unless you have an issue like placenta separation or maybe a subchorionic bleed, there's really no reason to be concerned about exercise or dtd.

If exercising is something you don't mind putting off for a little while, and the worry will consume you, then definitely don't cause yourself the extra stress.

If you reallllly want to exercise but are reallllly nervous about it, check out some of the research I've been doing on it (that's how obsessive I've been) https://preggopower.blogspot.com/
and also google "Cassandra Forsythe".. check out her 'old blog'... it's got GREAT stuff about fitness and pregnancy.

thanks ladies :) its reassuring to see how were all doing

with my first pg I exercised as normal and with my 2nd I sat on my backside all day as I couldnt see properly and still mmc so I suppose in a way Ive done my own experiment!

holly my friend hasnt had prev mc but she did post on facebook last night that shed gone to zumba and then gym and had to rush to antenatal as she started bleeding and theyve told her no more zumba on any account! She hadnt told the teacher she was pg and she went mad when she found out! Lordy I cant manage zumba when Im not pg!

Im hoping my shoulder ligaments heal a bit more (think they stopped on account of the baby which Im glad about obv but it does mean my shoudler / arm isnt quite right!) and then I can swim again - it may help my shoulder too!

jackie Ill have a good read of the link you sent - thanks :)

x

oh that's awful about your friend :( is everything ok?!?!?

aye everything is fine :) - she is mainly moaning on about the fact that she'll put weight on and isnt really concerned about the baby tho! Doh! I was like get a grip lady! Go swimming, gym etc just dont do zumba for 2 hours!

nice blog jackie :)

Yeah - that was me in Jan/Feb... I really was--- I was paranoid about gaining weight. It's amazing how a mc change you!
I'm glad she's ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"