PAL - July 2012 babies

Confused love the pic i would have loved a profile shot fab! Mommy k hope you hear the hb on the doppler but if baby is hiding don't worry too much! Can you ask for a scan to put your mind at rest?

Not much going on with me right now had a fab xmas and the whole sickness thing has been waning now but has been replaced with a stinking cold! Oh well :haha:

Hello girls hope christmas was nice for you all :hugs:

Well my sickness is subsiding quite a bit now. I'm trying not to let it stress me out. I cant remember if I updated but I had my dating scan on the 22nd and they seen another pregnancy sac - they think it is a blighted ovum so a 'vanishing twin'. They've said it wont cause any problems and my baby looks healthy at this stage - everything measuring perfectly etc :thumbup: But they think thats what has been causing the bleeding.

Have anther scan on the 10th, then 3 weeks after that and then 3 weeks later it will be my 20 week anomaly scan :happydance:

Attachments

• Top.bmp.jpg
    Top.bmp.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 6
Fantastic news collie! I am sure the vanishing twin will cause no problems i had one of those previously and it does not effect the healthy pregnancy and your body might just absorb it all. Good luck for your next scan x

well i am alittle upset and frustrated couldn't find heart beat he thinks i have a front lying placenta. So now i have to wait until next friday! to find out if baby is still with us or not i am so discouraged right now.

Sorry to hear that MommyK but that is a normal thing to happen! I'm sure everything is fine! There's no way you can bug them to move up the scan date? Just for reassurance??

When did everyone's morning sickness start subsiding (if it has at all)?? I'm 10 weeks today and have been pretty rough for a while - as much as I love the reassurance, I wouldn't mind for it to start subsiding, but I don't want it to go away too quickly, so I was just curious when everyone saw some relief?

I have felt much better this week and am eating almost normally...normal foods small portion size. I'd say you are just around the corner :thumbup:

Hey ladies, just an update from me. Havent been on here in a while. Had my 12 week scan yesterday and everything was perfect:happydance: couldnt have asked for a better christmas present. I had bleeding on christmas eve (only a little so i was so worried! Our baby was a real wriggler!! so happy.:cloud9:

sarah986 - thats fantastic news your scan went well :hugs: must be fantastic feeling

collie - also fabby your doing well and scan went well, sorry to hear about vanishing twin that must be difficult but glad your beany is well and strong :hugs:

mommyk - i hope ur ok and have had reassurance :hugs: iam sure everything is just great.

hope everyone else is keeping well and had a lovely xmas!!

AFM- iam heading into a really hard week, i have my nt scan on the 5th jan, iam soooooo worried and feel a bit alone in feeling like this my hubby isnt worried at all he is convinced everything is just fine because we had an early scan at 8wks and baby was perfect. I understand him feeling good because of this but he doesnt get how iam feeling at all. Sometimes iam positive and feel good about it but as its getting nearer i become more worried, i think it doesnt help that the sickness had dyed right down but i know its normal to start feeing a bit better now. My last pregnancy this scan is where everything went wrong :cry: so i know this is why iam feeling so worried but i wish hubby could understand a bit more. It doesnt help that my due date was the 7th of jan so my emotions are all over the place. I sure just wish i could fast forward this next week.

Heavy heart- i have my possible NT scan on the 9th Jan (might decide against having the nt measurement but not made my mind up yet). I am quite looking forward to it because i have had the extra reassurance of listening to baby everyday on my doppler. To hear that heart chugging away is priceless and fills me with confidence.

I am sure everything IS going to go well at the 12 week scan and bubs will be fine but i understand how worrying it can be the weeks between early scan and first 'official' milestone of the 12 week scan :hugs:

Heavy heart I know how you feel this is the same time everything went wrong for me last time too and its hard to relax because its all you think about all day i wish you best of luck.

So because of new year holidays they couldn't get me in any earlier for a scan so i now have to wait until Jan.6th to see if baby is ok i am going nuts and still have 7 days to wait so stressed right now.

I'm not sure if I did this right, but here is our pic :) Now - for those of you who have dopplers - how easy is it to hear the heartbeat each time you check? Is it worth getting one for peace of mind?

Attachments

• ultrasound.jpg
    ultrasound.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
I think having a Doppler would freak me out even more. Those hb's can be hard to find...

I think finding it the first time was the hardest but i was only 9 weeks at the time! Now i know where baby typically hangs out i can fins him/her in less than a minute. I would say if you are anxious then to leave the doppler until 10 weeks+ it is so much easier to find a hb after this time.

I am 14 weeks but overweight and i have listened 3 times in past 1.5 weeks and found hb 2x. xx

Nic I know exactly how you feel :hugs: And my OH is the same as yours - he just keeps saying that this pregnancy is different and we have had so much bad luck that he just knows everything is going to go OK this time... I on the other hand am a literal shaking mess before every scan and even though we have had 4 up to this point that have shown our healthy baby I am still worrying over the next one in 10 days time. I dont think that will ever go away for us now though :hugs: Hopefully though the scan puts your mind at ease a little.

My MS is much much better and has been now for the last week really. I still throw up occasionaly but no where near as much as I was. I am due to go back to work a week tomorrow - not looking forward to that really but needs must! Need pennies for baby :haha:

I have the angel sounds doppler but I still havent managed to find babys HB. I didnt find Emilys either even at 17 weeks but with her I had an anterior placenta that was making it harder to detect. I think I must be doing something wrong though if people are able to find a hb at 9 weeks!

Collie my dr thinks i have an anterior placenta he could not get the heart beat with the doppler at our check up i was just wondering when did your dr pick up at heart beat with the doppler with that type of placenta? I too am a nervous mess right now my scan is on friday and of course since we couldn't pick up a hb at my appt i am expecting the worst.

I think it depends where baby is in relation to the placenta at the time you look i think my placenta is anterior as it is very loud when i look for my baby and almost drowns baby out to the extent that i have to sometimes hold the speaker to my ear when the baby is close. Quite often though baby will be on the other side and quite clear and easy to find. How long did the doctor try to listen for the hb?

he tried for maybe 5 mins i have a doppler at home and can't find it either i have picked a rate of 150-160 up for a few seconds on the left side but not sure if thats it or not and i dont pick it up everytime.

It sounds likely! At this stage my babys heart rate is in the 170s but the further along you go it does slow down slightly. Have a good try and use plenty of gel see what you find hr should sound like the chug chug chug of a steam train x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->