Palpitations?

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi all. Me.. again :haha:

I posted earlier regarding some dizzy spells and fainting I've had this morning. I've now had some strong palpations. I suffered with them before pregnancy but they seem to have increased and I'm having a few a day. They are scary...

They can definitely increase in pregnancy because there's more bloodflow, hope you feel better and definitely tell your dr about your concerns!

Are they normal speed but harder? If so it's probably your body compensating for your low blood pressure. Make sure you keep well hydrated, if you are very concerned by them then let your Dr or midwife know, they can arrange for monitoring

Thank you!I spoke to the doc about them and fainting/dizziness.

I have low blood pressure anyway so with pregnancy making it even lower, it's no doubt that it's going to make me feel rough! I spoke to the doctor who said heading towards 20 weeks blood pressure will get lower and lower. After 20 weeks it starts to rise again. He also said the palps will be due to the pressure making the heart work harder. He said to drink 2 litres of water a day and increase my salt intake.

I get these terribly in pregnancy. Had a murmur picked up too but told not to worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->