• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Pancakes

Future-Sailor

Reaction score
Made LO some pancakes this morning but she didn't seem impressed :( how do you serve pancakes to your LO? How do you cut them and do you fill them with anything?

I think they are an aquired taste/texture, my LO is not terribly keen on them either (he also doesn't like tortillas and chapattis) xx

My LO tends to like them thick, like american pancakes?
Rather than the thin ones we normally have..
I put a little pureed apple or other fruit on them & fold in half, or a bit of a fruit pot..
I make them i dunno about 7inches wide and about half a CM thick :)
Xx

Ruby has never liked big pancakes but likes little ones with fruit spread on.

Zac loves pancakes. I make a little one especially for him and just rip it up into smallish pieces for him. At the moment he just has it plain but once he gets a bit better at picking his food up and stuff i'm planning on serving them with fruit, chocolate spread, cheese, anything else i can find in the cupboard/fridge!!
If i can be bothered i make the american ones otherwise he has the thin ones, don't think he's really noticed a difference so far so i'm really making the american ones from me and OH!!

I make drop scones instead - she manages them better

Maria loves thick banana pancakes but when I made her a thin pancake filled with chedder she didn't like it and threw it away. But anyway, I served it rolled up with the chedder in and then cut into bits.

Maria loves thick banana pancakes but when I made her a thin pancake filled with chedder she didn't like it and threw it away. But anyway, I served it rolled up with the chedder in and then cut into bits.

How do you prepare think banana pancakes? Sounds lovely :)

You make them like the thick american style pancakes and added mashed banana into the batter. Tis very yummy.

btw the 'more with less cookbook' I always bang on about has a number of really good pancake recipes, including one for a pancake mix (for American style pancakes) which really is foolproof-my sis went to New York and missed real American pancakes and I told her the recipe; she made up the mix and used the lot up in a few days saying the pancakes were nicer than the ones she had over there-the mix recipe contains salt but you could always omit it xx

You make them like the thick american style pancakes and added mashed banana into the batter. Tis very yummy.

Thanks! I'll give it a go :thumbup:

Thanks! I'll give it a go :thumbup:

I'm eating some right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"