Panic Attacks

mercedybear

Reaction score
my job has put so much stress on me that I am now getting panic attacks. I previously had this happen before I was pregnant from working in a high stress situation and was on SSRI's to help cope, but I refuse to go back on them while pregnant ( I already went through withdrawal) I had to ask my emplyer back in November for less stress and obviously that only happened temporarily.
My employer keeps throwing responsibilities on my plate , I am an event coordinator and have my 2 largest events coming up this weekend and then 5 days after. I have been covering my job as well as someone elses for the past 2 months, which left me behind on my own, now my boss is "out with medical" and I am scrambling to do his work for my events. I ended up crying today during lunch and called my husband just so I could calm down......
My Mat leave doesnt start until Aug 20:cry:
My main questions is, does this stress and panic attacks affect my baby? My OB says in theory no.....but I just dont know. I dont have another appointment with her until next wk......

I have suffered from debilitating depressions and anxiety for the last five years. I know personally that not working/having no stress is the only reason I was able to get pregnant after trying for 8 years with two failed IVF cycles and multiple inseminations. I don't care what any healthcare provider says - stress is the reason I didn't get pregnant and although it has been hard on my husband I have not worked throughout this pregnancy.

I would say that you should speak to your boss's boss, if there is one, to demand help. No one at 27 weeks pregnant should have to go through a stressful job, unless they're paying you A LOT of money. It's not worth you being upset, getting even less sleep etc.

I hope there is something that they can do, because you need help and to have as little stress as possible, in my opinion. If your doctor put you on bedrest tomorrow, let's just say, someone would have to do the work.

I've been pretty stressed at work lately as well, also covering my job and others'. I feel like they're trying to get everything out of me that they can before I'm out. Last week began having tons more BH that I know are due to the stres. I've always heard too that the tighter wound the mother, the tighter wound the child. So, I'm really trying to not let and get to me and only doing what I can do... Good luck, I know all of this is easier said than done. Maybe things will slow down foryou afte your upcoming events.

thanks..trying to not let it get to me but today multiple problems came up and I suddenly felt like I could not cope and there is no one to assist( I am coordinating every aspect by myself)!! I dont get paid that much, non-profit organisation.and our national office in another city is far from reactive..I do plan to not return after my Mat leave ends and get another job by then. I am kind of hoping my OB will suddenly put me on rest next wk......we'll see ( or I end up just telling them where to shove their workload and get the note from my regular doctor)

I found out today my boss is on "stress leave" leaving me with an unbearable amount on my own, we are losing another worker in 2 wks and no plan in sight to hire soon AND my office is renovating soon while we are still open ( construction/destruction) I think my exit strategy is starting to be formed.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->