panic attacks!

sophxx

Reaction score
I've had bad panic attacks and PTSD since I lost my dad! They were so bad I was having them constant and couldn't leave the house! They did get better but I keep getting adrenaline rushes and lately feel like I'm on edge! I know it's hormones but is there anything I can do to help them? I all ready use rescue remedey and relaxation techiniqes but I'm still struggling.! X

Not wanting to sound too hippyish cos that's really not me, but have you tried natal hypnotherapy? After reading all the reviews about it I've been using the CDs for a few weeks in the run up to things...really do seem to help with positivity, relaxation and calmness.

All that said, perhaps a chat with your MW and/or GP would help too.

I've had some before but and it did help that was a couple of years ago! I was looking at getting a cd! Which are you using? Gp is nice and listens but he wants me to work through it! I've bin having conculling but have took a break as to much! The midwife thinks it'S could be adrenial fatigue but would hve to wait till babys here for tests and oh would hve to pay for them private as nhs don't do them! X

Oh hun, you poor thing. I'm using the CDs from the the first google result if you type in natal hypnotherapy :) I bought the 4 CD programme.

Just my opinion, obviously, but I think before looking for more exotic reasons you have to rule out the simple ones. You're 27 weeks pregnant, hormones going nuts, all sorts of physiological changes and then suddenly you experience a bereavement. People respond to these things in different ways, but it's certainly enough to traumatise anyone! Go easy on yourself - I'm no counsellor, but if you want to chat about this feel free to PM me :)

try nomorepanic.co.uk they have been a life saver when ive had some horrible ones (i know how you feel)

Also ask your dr to refer you to a CBT therapist

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->