Panorama Results!

bumpbetty

Reaction score
I am absolutely over the moon today as i got my panorama results this morning and it has come back low risk for all major trisomys. We lost a little girl last year at 18 weeks to turners and i have to say i have not enjoyed this first trimester at all due to the worry of it all.

But now i can finally start to enjoy this pregnancy.

We also found out we are having a little girl, i am ecstatic!

I wanted to post as maybe it will give some hope to someone else worrying/ int he same position.

Congratulations, so glad your little girl is healthy xx

Such a great thing to read! Congrats!! Question, how many weeks did you do the test at? I'm about to book one myself and wondering what the norm is.

Thanks Ladies, such great relief here!

Wifey, I had mine at 10 weeks exactly and got my results within 8 days. It can be done from 9 weeks as far as i know. We had to pay for it, but it has been well worth it for us. It means i dont have to go through amnio etc.

Let me know how it goes :O) :hugs:

Thanks, I chose to do it privately too. It's more accurate than the free testing they do at the hospital here. Thanks again for the info!

Congratulations, glad all is well! My ins doesn't cover it, grr. I thought about paying for it but from what I read, the way they do their billing is really shady and suspicious.

How do you mean shady? Ours cost 550 euro, they use a courier to take the blood from Dublin to america via london she said so that accounts for a bulk of the cost. Just interested to know what you heard?

I just booked my appointment, they want to do it at 12 weeks. I'm not sure if it's the exact same test, it's called T21 screening and ultrasound, here it costs about $400.00 and they get the results right on the premises.

good luck wifey, could they not do it sooner? There are a few different companies but they all do the same thing as far as i can see, your one looks like its materni 21, they test for the same chromosome abnormalities.

How do you mean shady? Ours cost 550 euro, they use a courier to take the blood from Dublin to america via london she said so that accounts for a bulk of the cost. Just interested to know what you heard?

Several people I heard received bills from natera (company doing panorama test) for several thousand dollars. Everyone I saw got billed a different amount. When they called and mentioned it, some of them got their bill drastically reduced to a 200 or less, others were told that was an "introductory rate" and that it had expired and they owed the remainder of the amount. Just very strange to me how they can bill several grand for a blood test. I think its amazing what it tests for and what not but, I was just very put off by what I've read.
Here's some of the comments if you'd like to read https://community.babycenter.com/post/a40696927/panorama_test_cost_145

Wonderful news!!! I got my results yesterday and the wait was terrible! Longest week ever! Glad it is over for both of us and congrats!!!

Wifey- I did mine at 9+5. These blood tests do not include an ultrasound. The older way of doing things was a ultrasound at 12 weeks and then a blood test later. It would give you odds, like 1 in 5000 chance of down syndrome etc. The panorama test basically gives you a yes or no as it is over 99% accurate. It also tells you the gender.

My dr told me that if my insurance didn't cover it it would be $150...I'm in california where the lab is so maybe it is cheaper here becuase it doesn't have to go far? However, he said you may see a bill for over 1000, but not to pay it. If insurance doesn't cover it they will negotiate the price down to $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->