Paranoid about my weight...

Szaffi

Reaction score
I have started my pregnancy at 72 kilos (158 lbs), and have not gained any weight during the first trimester (up to about 18 wks). But now, in the past 10 wks, I had 6 kilos (13 lbs) pile upon me.

I'm really not sure if it's normal, as everyone says you should gain most of the weight in the 3rd trimester. My doctor even warned me to be careful, but I don't eat much at all, try to eat very very healthy, so I have no idea where this weight has come from :cry:

Is this normal? I know I cannot diet, but is there any good way to control how much I gain? I'm really scared that I won't be able to lose it, as I'm hypothyroid too, so already have difficulties with losing weight.

The strange thing is that my clothes sizes didn't change, I wore size 12 before, and still wearing size 12 maternity.

Is it possible that the rate of weight gain will slow down in 3rd tri?

I would say it is very normal. I eat very healthy too and try not to eat very much and I have gained 16 pounds so far. I started out at 165lbs and I now weigh 181lbs. I too have no idea where the weight is coming from. I try to stay as active as possible at this point, but sometimes I am just to tired to do anything.

sounds normal to me too hun. ive gained around 21lbs so far but still fit into most of my size 12 pre pregnancy trousers. i gained almost 5st during my last pregnancy and managed to lose 4st of it before falling pregnant this time, ive also got an underactive thyroid too. x

I gained 2 stone so far:dohh::dohh::dohh: And I am just trying not to think about it... If I do I feel like a fat miserable cow:cry:

haha I gained like 60lbs during pregnancy so don't worry.

i started off at 64kg now am at 80 kg.
i never thought it d be a problem, but now that am this heavy i really feel it.
i can t wait to give birth and go on a major diet back to my 50 kgs

my dr told me....for me u r the first pregnant lady who didnt even reach 100 lbs...but she says its fine ....

ive put on a stone and a half which isnt bad at all. You really shouldny worry about the weight being put in as its mostly baby and amniotic fluid. They say all of the extra baby weght can weigh upto a stone (14lb) so just enjoy being pregnant and dont look at the size tags just think about comfort, after all its only for 9 months after that you can just diet to get the extra weight off! No ones guna care wot u look like all there do is stare at yr bump!

Breast feeding and running around after an active baby is a good way to get rid of extra pounds piled on during pregnancy and is good for the baby! So just eat the chocolate cake and enjoy using the pregnancy as an excuse!

Breast feeding and running around after an active baby is a good way to get rid of extra pounds piled on during pregnancy and is good for the baby! So just eat the chocolate cake and enjoy using the pregnancy as an excuse![/QUOTE]

good idea:happydance::thumbup::dohh:

ive put on 5 stone in weight so far, but its fluid apparently and now big baby!! still in size 14 mat clothes :D was only 10-12 pre preg

I've put on 15 kilos.

I put almost half of that on in the first trimester. Then I went through time when I hardly put anything on and then some more weight gain and then another plateau and now I have put just a little more on.

Everyone is different, but for where you are six kilos is nothing.

I wouldn't worry too much about the doctor's opinion unless things get out of hand.

I had one doctor tell me that I was gaining too much weight and then I had another ask me if I was eating enough.

I believe weight gain should range somewhere between 25-40lbs.

Eat healthy and when you are hungry and try not to worry. It's all you can do.

im not even thinking about the weight issue until baby is here..im making most of it and stuffin my face :D

Now is the time where i dont worry about my weight not that i ever really did lol i started out 5"9 and 130 lbs and im now 175 which is insane to me but its all baby and theres plenty of time after to worry about it. If there was a problem im sure your doctor would tell you. xo

I have gained 2 stone so far (so 28lbs) it has steadily gone on over time and I started gaining after about 13 weeks, I was worried about it at first but have now decided its not worth it, the baby will be here soon and I can worry about losing it afterwards!

Dont worry about it , its quite normal . I have gained 24lbs so far with 8 weeks to go ( I had a 2 week summer hol in there aswell) . I eat healthy with more treats than I normally would have ( I was very strict with what i aet before) I am still exercising 4 times per week way lower intensity so there is no more I can do ! I hope to only gain maybe another 8lb that would make a total gain of 32lb so just over 2 stone which I can deal with. We can get it off as soon as we have lo's.

Thanks girls. I try not to get too obsessed about it - it just worries me as I've always had a hard tme losing weight even eating very healthy and exercising almost every day, so I'm dreading that it's going to stay on.

Szaffi, I think what you've described is very normal, so please don't be upset.

I was minus 10lb in first tri - I looked a couple of weeks ago and I think I was at least plus 7lb - and I was worried I hadn't gained enough! ;)

It's all a matter of perspective.

I've got an underactive thyroid too - but this is all baby making business.

:hugs:

I've out on about 16lb so far and MW says it's perfectly normal, have got to be a bit more careful though now I'm in 3rd tri, weight does go on easier then apparently!!!

I think everyone's body is different - in my first trimester, the weight FLEW on!! Second tri was average, and now it seems to have stabilised (although baby is apparently quite big, so he/she must be taking my calories...:D) I've gained about 2.5 stones - I've been told that's pretty much average / fine. I expect a lot of it will go when I start hauling the pram around!! :lol:

I think we beat ourselves up wayyyy too much about our weight-especially while pregnant! Im guilty of it too, I'm trying to avoid the scales but I did weigh myself last week when I hit 30 weeks and I'm up 32lbs already..with probably another half a stone still to put on! I don't really understand why so much weight cos Ive stayed active throuought so far and I have eaten healthy most of the time :blush: and not excessivley. But anyway, it will all be over soon and like others have said, I'll worry about losing the weight then. 1stone should instantly dissapear then with breastfeeding and healthy eating the lbs will fall off again Im sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->