• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Paranoid I'll go into early labour

Palestrina

Reaction score
When we took a birthing class last week the birthing coach from our hospital said to us "if you go into labour after 35 weeks we will not halt your labour." Fair enough, but it got me thinking.... all this time the doctors have been telling me that as a first time mom I'm most likely to delivery after my due date. They even went so far as to schedule a PREnatal doctors visit one week after my due date "just in case I go over."

Suddenly the idea that I'm 3 wks away from due date has sent me into a panic. I'm having sleepless nights thinking that I could wake up with contractions. I really don't feel ready to go into labour yet!! Is it likely that it can happen? Can I prevent it? Sorry for the rant but I'm freaking out.

Breathe!

First, you're 37 weeks tomorrow, that is considered full term (at least in the US it is.). The funny thing about labor is, you don't get to decide when it happens LOL.

Anxiety about impending motherhood is normal. Anxiety about impending labor is also normal. You are going to be fine sweetie, just breathe and try to stop freaking out.

Chances are you may go overdue. Just live in the moment and let each day comes as it does. :)

i agree with the doctors most first time mothers go over there due date, and labour is usually longer. i wouldnt worry...stay calm.

When you meet your baby you'll wonder how you ever lived without him/her. Take it easy mama. You're going to be just fine!

The wonderful/annoying thing about labour is generally if its spontaneous labour its exactly that....spontaneous and random. heh, I was completely 100% convinced id be massively overdue. I even wrote "nag midwife for sweep" in my diary a few days after my due date!! I ignored the majority of my early contractions putting them down to Braxton Hicks as I was so convinced I would be overdue. Turns out I was in labour and ended up giving birth 5 days early but my baby was so covered in vernix that my midwife thinks she could have been 2-3 weeks early and my due date incorrect!

You are full term, you will give birth any time between now or being induced in 5 weeks :) Just make sure you have your bag packed, eat and sleep well and enjoy carrying a baby around that doesnt cry for a few weeks!!

My first child was born at 36+3. I never went past 37+5 with any of my 4. I'm still tugging along with this one :thumbup: It can happen anytime but trust me you'll be ready when the time comes. Try to pass the time thinking about something else :)

I think I'm mostly worried because I'm NOT ready yet. I have bought everything I need but my bag is still not packed, and the baby's room isn't even done yet. I think this is where all my anxiety is coming from. Thanks for the encouragement.

Don't panic... you can't control labour, you have to think about your EDD as being the middle of the 4 weeks in which your baby is likely to arrive.
Babies don't need much so don't worry if there are things not done/purchased - he/she wont know.

x

dont panic and dont worry! we cant control when we go into labour just get your bags packed now so atleast they are done and get a cot/ moses basket set up just incase.. aslong as you have the essentials itl be fine and like people have said chances are baby will be late!!

Yes I agree, even if the baby's room isn't perfectly finished yet, having my bag packed is the most essential thing at the moment. I better get crackin.

get on girl :lol: our room is done but thats because im inpatient and i only finished packing bags yesterday! but im glad i did now because i came on here this morning to find one of buddies had their lil girl this morning at 37 weeks :lol:

id get cracking with the bag hun as you are full term almost baby could come at anytime :) i wish i could say the same my due date is tommorow and not a single sign :-/
it doesnt matter about the nursery as baby wil be sleeping with you for a while anyway xx

get that bag packed girl and good luck - keep calm! xxx

I was convinced mine was going to arrive early. But as you can see from my ticker, there is absolutely no sign of her! I am not looking forward to labour, but keep thinking 'hurry up so it can be over with'. I'd rather go into labour naturally a bit early than have to go through induction. You'll have to go through the labour eventually anyway!

Lol, I packed my bag yesterday at 40 + 2... :blush: I know, I felt this anxiety a few weeks ago, but it does fad, honestly! It gets to a stage where you are still anxious and scared but the need to go thro labour takes over, I still panic a bit, but I'm just like london, I want labour to start so I can get it over with. :hugs: you'll be ok, just distract yourself! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"