paranoid

dizzyisacow

wife,mother & myself
Reaction score
does anyone else feel like this?
every single day on the news theres something happened, a horrible accident, a crash,murder e.t.c and i feel like theres no way of avoiding my turn coming of beeing one of those people, its like a clocks ticking and im paranoid something bad will happen to me or my family.
:nope:

Most of the news is fear-based because it tends to make people perk up and listen more than hearing a load of good news (sort of the slowing down in the car to look at the car accident syndrome). Unfortunately it's a simple byproduct of money. As in, these stories sell newspapers and have people tuning in to listen, so they play it up because it makes them money. The other perspective is that the reason these bad stories hit the news is precisely because there are so exceptional and uncommon, that it makes them newsworthy.

The flip side of this is that the vast majority of people do not experience these horrible events and it's very likely you'll be one of them that don't. One can never predict the future, of course, but I prefer to look at it as the ''glass is mostly full'' and it's a mindset that requires practice and cultivation if you're going to read the news.

I personally just catch up on news when I know I'm in the headspace for it and avoid it the rest of the time. You're not getting all of the news, just a slanted perspective, so it's not like you're sticking your head in the sand by not tuning in. You're just not choosing to tune into THAT kind of energy, if you know what I mean.

As an alternative, this is a great site for good news. They do ask for a subscription but it's like one or two bucks for a month, the cost of one newspaper, so I think it's more than worthwhile as it can really help offset the bad news and provide a balance, and a bit of hope for humanity in general :)

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

i get like this all the time...even when family members mention it, like "did you hear so and so was attacked last weekend" or something like that, but even more so if its something big like a disaster or something :( i try and stick to watching x factor tbh, lol :flower:

yeah im the same hunny but my Dad always says "probability V's possibility - it is possible it could happen but not probable" keep positive sweetie xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->