Paranoid......

Tam

Mum of 2 - PG with No.3
Reaction score
Well it has been 8 yrs since I have done all this baby stuff, and I am loving every minute of it, but I also find it bloody scary! You forget how much a baby relies on you and you are the only one who can get it right on their behalf!

I am loving all the cuddles, but to be honest at first I was quite scared about putting him down to sleep of a night, it just scared me to go to sleep and not be aware of what he was doing.......I had him sleep beside me in our bed (a huge bed) the first night we were home, as I hated the thought of not being able to hear him breathe......I am getting better, but I am still prolonging putting him to bed after a feed and winding as I am loving the cuddles, and by the time I get round to putting him to bed, he is ready for his next feed :lol: therefore, I am sleeping very little during the night, and catching up during the day when Paul is here to make sure all is well!

Tonight, I am planning on a bath, then feeding Alfie, putting him to bed at a reasonable hour, and cuddling up with Paul and getting a good nights sleep........we have a motion monitor under his matress, so if anything goes wrong after 15 seconds an alarm sounds, and that has set my mind at rest, but still, it is so daunting at first, you forget how vulnerable they are at this age.

As I said, I have got a lot better, but was anyone else paranoid about sleeping of a night? I feel stupid posting this, but I remember feeling like it when I had Jade, but I had my Mum to reassure me back then too, now it is me on my own, as Paul just thinks I am nuts :lol: I know he is right, but I think it is natural too?

:hugs: Awe Tam......That is so cute....I dont have any kids yet of my own, but just thinking about having a baby, that is my biggest fear....So I think you are normal....Hope you get a good nights sleep.... :wink: :hugs:

aww hun i was the same, kept checking on kacy all the time making sure she was breathing, you soon start to reax, just enjoy him while you can, and try and get some rest

I remember this! I'd listen for her breathing or get up and check her chest was moving up and down, infact I still do it! :oops: and she's still in our room coz were plastering hers, Im dreading her going into her own room where I cant see or hear her!

Its totally normal hun, I was very paranoid about this but the matress thing should reassure you!

Tam your totally normal - I was the same took me a few weeks to relax once Lewis was down.

Got the motion mat too - its a god send just gives you that little bit of reassurance x

Awww hunny, I know exactly where you are coming from
Even though we have been there done that and got the sick stained T-shirt :D It is like starting all over again

I am worse with Jack than i was with Emily and i dunno why, i am always in and out of his room even now to check on him, and if he sleeps later than normal i have to brace myself to go in his room :?

So all in all i would say it is perfectly normal

Just remember not to try and be supermum and make some time for yourself abth etc...
I forgot to do this and just came down with a baig crash on my fat arse after 2 weeks :D

Bless ya Tam!
Id be more worried if you WERENT paranoid!! Like the others have said, i used to check Charlie all the time, often id cough, just to see her move :oops: Its scary stuff isnt it!!!

yes hun i was the same with morgan tho i did lose a child so i was really paranoid always checking him even now hes 2 1/2 hes in his bed in his room and when he sleeping we usually go up to bed and watch tv i always check him on him and then once before i go off to sleep just incase so i think it natural or you to feel like that you hear so many bad stories you want to make sure your precious is safe dont worry

spunky xxx

AW bless, everyone goes through it.

Amy is 3 and my mum has the monitors on really loud so she can hear her breathing! ( on the rare occasion she has her)

I only had 2 years between my babies and i was exactly the same :D

Thank you girls.....I feel normal now :lol: and I am sure it will ease off, although I too still like to check on Jade before bed, you just like to make sure eh! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->