• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Parking fine

i guess if one of the tickets was valid for a whole 4 hours and the other less I guess it could be that? I guess that would be classed as feeding the meter

On the website it says

Maximum stay 4 hours
No return permitted within 2 hours to the car park
Meter feeding is not permitted

your initial ticket ran out at 11.17, the second ticket valid until 11.27

so technically 11.17 was your time to leave and displaying the other ticket would be classed as meter feeding. it doesnt matter which you bought or were given, the warden likely didnt know about the woman and assumed you had fed the meter to extend time

"Parked with payment made to extend the stay beyond the initial time ('meter feeding'). You may not pay extra money into a meter/pay and display machine to extend the time you have already purchased - even if this does not take you past the maximum time allowed at that parking place." - took that from parking law site

I know you can get a fine for displaying more than one ticket because I saw it in the paper lol, apparently some people dot a few in their windscreen either on purpose or by accident which apparently causes the warden confusion or too much time to check them all....

Either way I would contest it.

On the website it says

Maximum stay 4 hours

Ah ok, then you say you where not meter feeding (topping up) the ticket didn't print and when you tried getting another one two came out, being so close together that should work and shut them up

On the website it says

Maximum stay 4 hours

Ah ok, then you say you where not meter feeding (topping up) the ticket didn't print and when you tried getting another one two came out, being so close together that should work and shut them up

Sorry, I know nothing about parking legislation, but wouldn't that only work if the tickets were bought around the same time? Just thinking that most tickets show when they were purchased as well as when they expire, and presumably the lady, who gave the OP her ticket, would have bought her ticket a fair while earlier if she was already leaving:shrug:

On the website it says

Maximum stay 4 hours

Sorry, I know nothing about parking legislation, but wouldn't that only work if the tickets were bought around the same time? Just thinking that most tickets show when they were purchased as well as when they expire, and presumably the lady, who gave the OP her ticket, would have bought her ticket a fair while earlier if she was already leaving:shrug:

Yes it would but if the run out time was only 10 mins apart Im assuming the buying time was as well.
Correct me if im wrong though OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"