Part baked bread

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Mummy2bexxx, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Mummy2bexxx

Mummy2bexxx Guest

I don't know if I am over worrying here, but I just made myself a wheat and gluten free cheese baguette, it said to put it in the oven at 200 degrees which I did, and leave it for 6-8 minutes (it was part baked, bought from sainsburys)

I didn't time it but I thought that it must have been in for long enough and it look nice and golden brown, and was red hot to touch it! So I put some butter on it but noticed it felt quite "squidgy" but i though that was because it had come out the oven and was still warm (never had fresh baked bread in my life!) I started eating it and it tasted ok, but as it cooled it still felt squidgy, just like dough and not like normal bread, even though it was hot inside. I stopped eating it and looked at the label on the packaging and it said that it contains eggs! Then I started panicking.

I'm really worried about salmonella now :cry:I ate half the baguette before I realised:dohh:I feel so stupid! Even now its cooled it still feels doughy and weird! I wish I had timed it now, even though it felt like 8 minutes and was hot when it came out the oven!

Am I over worried or is there a risk of salmonella here? I feel sick but I don't know whether its because I am so worried! :shrug:

2. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

Those part baked ones most of the time are squidgy in the middle.

I honestly think that you will be fine.

I had a couple of the small ones last night with soup and mine were a bit squidgy xx

3. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

They are already mostly cooked so the egg will have been above a certain temperature already! Sainsburys wouldnt sell bread that was likely to give you salmonella anyway. All eggs used in uk are lion marked, So dont worry! I used to eat the part baked rolls straight out the pack when i was little (dont know why i liked them like that!) I was always fine :) x

4. Mummy2bexxx

Mummy2bexxx Guest

Thanks guys! :) I'm feeling sooo much better now you've told me that:hugs:I think I'm feeling a bit under the weather today which is why I started feeling ill but I just had a sleep and I don't feel sick anymore:thumbup: I honestly thought "thats it, I'm going to get salmonella" and started crying! (I think it's partly hormones lol) x

5. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

Don't worry you'll be fine. I eat those a lot and sometimes they're still a bit squidgy in the middle xx

6. Mummy2bexxx

Mummy2bexxx Guest

Thanks katy! I just wish I hadn't thrown mine in the bin now lol, theres a gap just big enough for half a baguette in my stomach:haha:

One baguette cost me £1.09 :dohh:What a waste of money!

7. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

Lol bless you! Eat something else!

8. Mummy2bexxx

Mummy2bexxx Guest

I'm onto the white chocolate buttons now! Not as healthy but nowhere near as stressful to prepare:thumbup:lol!