Part baked bread

M

Mummy2bexxx

I don't know if I am over worrying here, but I just made myself a wheat and gluten free cheese baguette, it said to put it in the oven at 200 degrees which I did, and leave it for 6-8 minutes (it was part baked, bought from sainsburys)

I didn't time it but I thought that it must have been in for long enough and it look nice and golden brown, and was red hot to touch it! So I put some butter on it but noticed it felt quite "squidgy" but i though that was because it had come out the oven and was still warm (never had fresh baked bread in my life!) I started eating it and it tasted ok, but as it cooled it still felt squidgy, just like dough and not like normal bread, even though it was hot inside. I stopped eating it and looked at the label on the packaging and it said that it contains eggs! Then I started panicking.

I'm really worried about salmonella now :cry:I ate half the baguette before I realised:dohh:I feel so stupid! Even now its cooled it still feels doughy and weird! I wish I had timed it now, even though it felt like 8 minutes and was hot when it came out the oven!

Am I over worried or is there a risk of salmonella here? I feel sick but I don't know whether its because I am so worried! :shrug:

Those part baked ones most of the time are squidgy in the middle.

I honestly think that you will be fine.

I had a couple of the small ones last night with soup and mine were a bit squidgy xx

They are already mostly cooked so the egg will have been above a certain temperature already! Sainsburys wouldnt sell bread that was likely to give you salmonella anyway. All eggs used in uk are lion marked, So dont worry! I used to eat the part baked rolls straight out the pack when i was little (dont know why i liked them like that!) I was always fine :) x

Thanks guys! :) I'm feeling sooo much better now you've told me that:hugs:I think I'm feeling a bit under the weather today which is why I started feeling ill but I just had a sleep and I don't feel sick anymore:thumbup: I honestly thought "thats it, I'm going to get salmonella" and started crying! (I think it's partly hormones lol) x

Don't worry you'll be fine. I eat those a lot and sometimes they're still a bit squidgy in the middle xx

Thanks katy! I just wish I hadn't thrown mine in the bin now lol, theres a gap just big enough for half a baguette in my stomach:haha:

One baguette cost me £1.09 :dohh:What a waste of money!

I'm onto the white chocolate buttons now! Not as healthy but nowhere near as stressful to prepare:thumbup:lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->