Partner does not want a baby...

kittykat33

Reaction score
I am truly devastated, my partner told me today that he does not want any more children, I am 34 and he is 44 we have a 9 year old daughter. I am desperate for a baby, and he knows this but he blatantly told me today that he does not want another child...he's rationale.."life is stressful enough without adding a child to the mix"

I'm at a loss.....what do I do now? Just accept that? I don't know if I can live my life without another child :(

I was in a similar situation with my husband, he was adamant he didn't want another...luckily he changed his mind, not because I nagged him but because he wants our son who is 2 and a half to have a brother or sister. When I thought he didn't want another it really hurt and I really couldn't let myself believe that we wouldn't have another. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, I don't think you can force him to want another he has to decide it's what he wants. sit down and talk to him, but you might have to accept that he won't agree to more, and if that's the case what would you do? Sorry wish I could help or say something useful.

I hope you manage to find a middle ground.

so sorry :hugs: but you can't change someone's mind I would sit down and talk about it first though

All you can do is talk to him, make sure he understands how important it is to you. Other than that there is not much you can do.

:flower:

my OH decided he didnt want another. and now that ive sat him down and explained how much it means to me, we're trying for number 2.
i still want another lol after number 2 as we agreed on 3 before we got married. but ill discuss with that later.

just talk to him. explain how much it means to you and ask him what the reason is that he's so against habing another.

My dh was like that for a while,I told him if he really didn't want anymore I would go and get my tubes tied.which I would have,anyway he seemed to change his mind after that

I was also in a very similar situation until a month or so ago. Sit down and explain to him the reasons why it is important to you to have another child. Ask him what exactly his reasons are for not wanting another child. Unfortunately I have learned and been told that if you nag him over and over again to have a child that he does not want he could end up resenting you and the child if there were to be one. The two of you should have a conversation and come to an agreement and if it really is that important to you then maybe it is time to move on. I completely understand how it is to long for a baby and I understand completely how you feel. It is really all about what you can agree on and what you can live with. Hope you are able to figure it out.

My DH is also reluctant to have another child. Our DS is the centre of my world and as an only child myself I really want him to have a brother or sister. DS is 28 months old and ideally I'd like another when he's 3 and a half/ 4. I'm hoping I can talk him around by the end of the year lol. His main reasons for not wanting any more are him being concerned about finances, despite us both earning a decent wage and him worrying that he doesn't have the patience for 2 kids. Good Luck! X

You might try writing him something explaining the reasons why you want another child. That's what I'd do, then I could be sure to clearly explain. You could try figuring out ways to make life less stressful, like if he's stressed about money or something like that, so that he'd feel better equipped to have another child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->