Partner wants to move back to Aus

starbucks101

Reaction score
Hiya.

I'm just curious if anyone could help me get some info for me and my partner.

He is an australlian citizen (38) and so are his two boys (7&8) We've been talking alot and he is seriously considering moving back to Aus in the near future but wouldn't go back without me (20) and my daughter (1) < different father.

He and the boys have been living in the UK for 3 years.

We havent been together very long 6 months or so. So i have a few questions that i havent been able to get answer through google.

1. He has been living in the UK for 3 years so is he able to just move back to Aus?

2. How does it work if I want to go to Aus with him? do we need to be married? how long do we have to be together?

3. He is a single father, mother isnt involved, he is on welfare here in the uk as he has disabilites too. Would he be entitled to Welfare when he got back to Aus? (he was on welfare before he left Aus too)

4. If i can work out how to get back to Aus with him will i need a visa to work or can i just get a job straight away?

Thanks everyone!! xxx

1. If he's an Australian citizen, it's not going to be a big deal moving back for him. Even if it's been three years. Knowing men, he's probably been thinking about it for a long time and has just now brought it up.

2. You can come to Australia if you aren't married. That's fine. What you'll need to do is get the appropriate visas and such. Your best bet would be to do research and contact immigration to see what your best route is.

3. I don't see why not; he's an Australian citizen.

4. If you want to get a job in Australia, then you'll have to come over on a working visa.

Honestly, start doing research and talk to immigration. They can help you.

1. If he's an Australian citizen, it's not going to be a big deal moving back for him. Even if it's been three years. Knowing men, he's probably been thinking about it for a long time and has just now brought it up.

2. You can come to Australia if you aren't married. That's fine. What you'll need to do is get the appropriate visas and such. Your best bet would be to do research and contact immigration to see what your best route is.

3. I don't see why not; he's an Australian citizen.

4. If you want to get a job in Australia, then you'll have to come over on a working visa.

Honestly, start doing research and talk to immigration. They can help you.

definitely talk to immigration asap rules have changed heaps and its really expensive doesnt matter if you marry an aussie no longer entitles you to instant citizenship your treated the same as every other immigrant and gotta go thru all the hoops like everyone else.

we're currently supporting our neice who is trying to bring her pommy bf back with her before shes too pregnant to travel...its taking forever for him to get a working visa no probs for him to come over for a holiday they considered the whole married thing but she wasnt keen on shot gun wedding when found out made lil difference anyway..

moral of the story get cracking girl do ur homework dont leave it till the last minute....

I am currently living in australia, im on a tourist visa for 6 months..

we have been to immigration in Brisbane, spoke to many people on phone etc

If i want to live here i have to leave the country for 3 months.. so you would be best to apply for your visas where ever you are now, they told me they dont allow to do it in the same country you are wishing to move to

They also said we had to prove to them we have been together for 1 whole year, renting/living proof, proof of marriage, proof of who you both are & expect to have a few thousand dollars to show them you can support yourself, so your not claiming social/dole etc

every case is different,,this was my case at the time couple months ago..

we have now decided were going to live in the UK, i miss home too much & im not keen on this country for many reasons..

It also can be a lengthy case so start now if your planning to move, dont forget to add expensives like plane tickets, shipping costs for removals etc..

you can get medicare card for medical insurance, you cant go onto your partners til you are married (we got told this the other month by medicare) so for somethings you might have to pay up front as not everywhere bulkbills, but you can normally claim the majority of it back around 75% i have been doing..

1 piece of advice id give to anyone.. make sure you know what questions you want to ask immigration, the types of visa you want, they will not tell you, its up to you to tell them what you want, also make sure you are very clear with the questions, they are not that helpful on the phone sometimes, they will only answer the questions you ask..

you can pay for people to help you out with your case but our solicitor over here said it can cost few thousand dollars

have a good look on the website, theres lots of help on there.... good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"