Partners & midwife apps??

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
I've just been talking to my friend on facebook and she said she was waiting for OH to finish work early to go to her midwife app. I asked if he goes to all of them, her reply 'Of course he does, he cares!'

So my OH doesn't care about our baby cos he doesn't come to my midwife apps with me. I really don't think he'd be too fussed about me getting my blood pressure taken!

Anybody elses partners not go to their appointments? I've never seen any of the ladies at the clinic with partners?!

OH came to a few with lil man but at the time he worked on the ambualnces and "if he was in the area at the time of my appointment" he would park the ambulance outside and nip in! LOL! funnily enough it was always when he was on shift with the boss that this happened.

he hasnt been able to get to any this time, but as he said the only thing he's interested in is hearing babys heartbeat. he isnt intereseted in seeing mw put a stick in my wee or do my bp.

We're still really early on so Hubby comes to all appointments with me. I think that once we get the 20 week ok he'll probably only come to a few rather than each one. It's just his way of getting involved as he wants to be really hands on. I don't think he needs to come to them though and if he didn't come, i don't think it's a bad thing.

Matt came to the first few in my first pregnancy, and then scans, and then the last few as I was quite poorly with pre eclampsia. In my second he came to scans (they were every four weeks) and then none really until I got ill again, in my third he came to them all cos we only found out at 22 weeks that we were pregnant, and then my waters broke at 28 weeks so was told they could induce at any point, and with my fourth it was everyone as it was scary.

I dont think how many appointments they go to counts as caring or not caring, I know Matt didnt get paid when he had to miss time off work so in my earlier uncomplicated pregnancies I would of rathered he worked and we used that on money on bits for baby, than him come and just watch me have my bp done and urine dipped :rofl:

No, My OH comes to all scans and some consultant appointments(If I ask him to!), we are very close but he doesn't need to be there for me getting my fundus measured and my BP done!!
:rofl:

Also he is in senior management and I wouldn't expect him to be nipping off here and there as he works quite a far commute, so it's not feasible really!

My OH was there for the first scan and the first two midwife appointments. He'll be at the second scan but he probably won't come to the midwife appointments from now on, apart from maybe one or two right at the very end. At the last m/w visit he felt a bit like a spare part. He liked hearing the heartbeat but other than that it was all done so fast and didn't really involve him at all.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with caring or not caring for us - it's all about how much he'll get out of being there (ie will it actually make him feel more like a spare part instead of making him feel more involved). I know that if I told him I really wanted him there then he would be there in a flash.

Basically, do whatever is right for you hun!

My DH doesnt come to midwife appointments. I dont have a problem with that as it would take him over a 2 hour round trip to come to them.

Hey hun my oh has been to every appointment with me but i dont see how it makes him more caring than any other daddy to be?? i am more than happy for him not to be there for the little appoinments (mw and such where they only do bp etc) but he insists on being there (plus it makes my life easier as i dont drive!!)....dont let your friend make you feel crappy hun :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxx

My DF comes to all my main MW apps, scans and consultant apps, but now i have to see my MW every week he doesn't come to all those :)

Mine as come to my scans and thats it TBH he is more use at home looking after Ethan our 2 yr old

My DH came to my first doctors appt, and to the ultrasounds. I don't even expect him to come to all of mine. It doesn't bother me in the least.
I don't think it means they care more if they go. Him being there, isn't going to change anything hun.
xx

Yeh he comes to the scans, and the times i've been sent to the hospital he's been there but even when the midwife came round yesterday he was mowing the garden lol

my oh comes to them all now, he did not before because they where at my college anyway so i did not need taking there but he still came to a couple there

my oh comes to them all. i tell him he dusnt need to because shes only checkin my bloody pressure etc.. fink hes scared of missin sumthin lol

My OH has come to all my scans and cardioligist appiontments but routine mw nah he doesnt bother........... no point really in him been there.

my oh is the same insits on being there and takes time off work for everyone veen just when they are checking blood pressure and wee etc...think he just wants to be as involved as possible and thats hes way but doesnt mean any oh that dont go etc arent caring there isnt much they can do (atho mine asks more questions than me lol)

My OH didnt come to regular midwife check ups. Only scans and consultant apointments although not everybody has consultant apointments!

Mine has come to all of them, but that's only because he likes to listen to the heartbeat and I think he secretly likes getting out of work LOL, for the past few I told him it's ok not to come but he always wants to. I'm sure once I go every two weeks or even more frequently than that he won't come to all of them. I am, however making him come to mine on Monday because it's my glucose test and I am def. not sitting there for an hour bored all by myself!!

My OH came to the scans and booked holiday when it clashed with his shift rota. For the antenatal appointments he has attended if he has been off but if he is working I have gone on my own. He gets dissappointed that he did not hear the heartbeat, his favourite bit!! I have my sweep booked in Tuesday and he is off so going to get his first experience of "squashed hands" (if by some miracle my son decides to make an appearence before then!!)

Mine has come to the scans, of course, and came to the 16 week appointment, as mw told me to bring him to hear the hb for the first time.

He wasn't that excited, though, as we already had a doppler. I didn't tell mw that though...

He was off work the last appointment I had and didn't want to come. Fair enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->