Partners & midwife apps??

Mine has come to them all . I tell him he doesn't have to but he really just wants to be there .

My husband cares too, but his work doesn't! :rofl:

It is not practical for him to take time off work to go to a midwife (or consultant) appointment. He made it to the 20 week scan, but that's it. I was on my own for the 12 (15) week scan. And I will be on my own for the remainder of my scans unless he has a day off or he has questions.

We are expecting problems so he has to save up his brownie points at work for when I have to be admitted to hospital or emergency day care etc.

My OH came to the first booking appt with me and to scans but not the routine midwife appointments ... just cos he doesnt come doesnt mean he doesnt care tho, as other ppl have said he has to work, so dont worry about it :)

My DH came to both scans, but not to mw appointments. ITs just not worth it as he commutes 1hr15mins into work, so to come home during the day for a 15min appointment where the mw takes my blood pressure and weight seems a little pointless. If he was closer by and work wasn't an issue I'm sure he'd want to come though.

my hubby comes to all mine,as i have spd so to go to the hospital it is a long walk up and down hill from the car park to the clinic so he drops me off and then goes park. He doesnt work on thursdays which is when my mw appointments are, so he comes to all them with me,again he drives me there due to the spd,my mw is coming to see me at home from now on as i am unable to get on the couch for her to check baby

His work are pretty good with ante natal appointments he gets 4 hours paid leave to attend them with me,but he just books 4 hours holiday as well so he is off all day!

My OH only came to the very first confirmation dr's ap and to my 20 week scan. He had to miss my 1st scan and my antenatal classes. But he lives 250 miles away and its just not feasible for him to cum 2 all my ap's. Its all about circumstance really, although even if he were closer I wouldnt really want him at my midwife ap's, it would be a waste of his time and fairly dull as well. xxx

My OH came to every single appointment to do with baby, BUT he works nights so I just had to wake him up to come, if he'd worked in the day I dont think he would have been able to come to them all. I think its important for OH to attend scans other than that you can tell him what happens at your antenatal appointment which is usally the same all the time. lol. xx

My OH has come to almost every one of my doctor's appointments since I was pregnant with Aiden. However, there was a lot of time towards the end of my first pregnancy that OH was in school and my grandma would take me to my appointments. This time around my OH has come with all but once. It's not that he cares more than another other dad-to-be, he just enjoys coming to hear the heartbeat (we don't have a doppler) and we get to go to the appointments all alone, because my mom watches Aiden. It's just a nice time for us to get away, since the doctor's office (and hospital) are 30 minutes away from the house. I don't think that it means that he cares more or anything. We just have more time to ourselves and I hate driving. lol.

My hubby hasn't been to any of my appointments this time round as trying to find someone to look after the other 4 is difficult. i don't mind but i also know that this baby isn't real to him and won't be untill it's born. he used to forget i was pregnant all the time though you can't miss it now lol.

My hubby comes to the ones he can but if he's working he doesn't. And when he can't make it its nothing to do with not caring.

I wouldn't listen to your mate cos let's be honest there's plenty of blokes who might be there at the appointments and whatever but then turn out to be uncaring dads when the going gets tough!

My DH has been to every scan, MW, consultant, hospital appointments, ante natal classes but I have told him he doesn't need to. Just because he does it doesn't make him any more caring so please don't think like that hun, take care :hugs: XX

My oh came to the first 2/3 mw appts.. it was all new to us we didn't know what would happen each and every time. When we realised all that it was was a quick 10 minute checkup, i told him he really didn't need to be there ( he had to have time off college to come) as it was pretty pointless!

Hes came to all the scans and important appts though.

My OH doesnt come to mw appointments with me as we have had quite a few hospital appts to see consultants including trips up to St Georges hospital in London which he has had to take time off work for so didnt think it was fair on him to come to mw when its just usual checks

My husband obviously doesn't care either :lol: ...I've never even thought to ask if he'd want to come - he wants to be there for all the scans but I don't see the point in him taking time off work to watch me have my BP taken and a stick dipped in my urine :rofl: x

Mine comes with me but I need him to come with me wherever I go........... He did come in for a couple of visits but it just means the appointment takes longer as they get chatting to him, and bar listening to the heartbeat there isnt anything realy done or said to interest him, so now I just go in on my own and I'm out quick flash.

I know that midwives also like to see pregnant woman alone at some appointments so that if there were issues at home involving the OH, the woman would be able to speak about it in confidence - ie domestic violence xxx

OH has only been to one mw appointment with me and that was because I had a flat tyre so he had to drive me! As it turned out, that was the first time we got to hear LO's heartbeat so it worked out pretty well. He always asks if I want or need him there but I've told him not to bother. They're so ridiculously routine (BP: check, weight: check, urine test: check) and my mw is boring as sin, so it's really not worth him taking the time out from work. He's come to my scans and my appointment I had with my consultant re potential PND. Tbh, baby already recognises daddy's voice, and plays with him (daddy pokes him and he kicks back!), for me that's the only kind of 'caring' I need from DH xx

My OH came to both scans and he came with me to the EPAU when my GP referred me for anxiety at 15+4 (but he didn't come in with me to that, bless him, and we waited a good two hours - the nurse listened for baby and he was ok, so didn't need a scan which I reckon he'd have come in for).

As for the midwife appointments - he came with me last week (24 weeks - I've been seeing mw every 2 weeks) but it was only because he'd taken the day off anyway and I thought it'd be nice for him to meet my midwife (turned out she was not there and it was another one) and see what happens at an appointment. Also I wanted him to see my doctor's surgery because he'd never been there (he's registered elsewhere but our son will be registered at mine) in case he needed to take baby any time and he can be funny about going places he's never been on his own.

And there were a couple of things I wanted to ask midwife about with him there, like taking antacids for heartburn, because he thinks I shouldn't and I know it's ok. I wanted him to hear from her so he'd take the answer seriously. Yes, it bugs me that he won't take my word for it, but there you go!

I won't suggest he comes to any further appointments though as he whined about the 90 minute wait. Apart from the final appointment, when I go to give birth, he's not getting out of that one.

my oh came with me to every appt and scan and i visited the MW twice a week lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->