Past this point lies madness....

cindylouwho

Pregnant (due 3/16/13)
Reaction score
So, as of today I am on 16dpo. Two cycles ago I was CONVINCED I was pregnant for three weeks, and it turned out I hadn't even ovulated yet, so since then I've been pretty good about not getting my hopes up at all. I definitely have not gotten my hopes up this cycle, since I was out of town while I ovulated. My hubby and I did BD 2 days before ovulation, but I didn't have ewcm and we only used a TINY bit of preseed, so I am 99% sure no sperm could have survived for 2 days!

I have always had weird cycles and last cycle I had a severe LPD - an LP of 4 days. I have been taking Vitex since and it has obviously worked, since I'm on 16dpo. I don't really know how long my "normal" luteal phase would be, since I've always had a defect, but 16dpo seems sort of unusual especially for someone whose last LP was 4 days!!! I keep expecting my temp to go down but it's held steady a few tenths above my coverline.

Yesterday, just for the heck of it, I took an IC HPT and it was negative. That said, I didn't use FMU... I urinate really frequently anyway, and I had peed about an hour before I took the test. So I realize I may not have gotten the most accurate results. Today, for the heck of it, I took an OPK (see what happens when you have a big bag of OPKs and HPTs by your toilet???) and it was a very dark negative. I don't know if I set much stock by that though either, as I've always had dark-ish negatives on my OPKs............ but this was an "almost positive." So, who knows! The second-guessing abounds!

I also have had TONS, and I mean TONS, of CM for the past 8 days. For the first 8 days of my LP, I was pretty dry, only a tiny bit of sticky CM here and there. 8 days ago I started getting some lotiony CM and it has increased every day until I am running to the bathroom all day every day thinking AF has come, even though I know she hasn't because my temp hasn't dropped!!! I feel SUPER "wet", to the point of "dripping" sometimes. I've also had stretchy ewcm two different days (about 2 days ago, and today) - I didn't have this much fertile mucus even when I was ovulating, geez! But I know that fertile mucus is often a sign of AF. So again... second-guessing!

I've had a few weird symptoms (uterine muscle spasms about a week ago, really itchy nipples once or twice - like so bad I though I might have thrush, but then it went away), but two cycles ago I literally had EVERY symptom in the book and wasn't pregnant, so I don't trust symptoms at all! (Plus I have a lot of health problems that give me constant nausea, exhaustion, etc.)

See what I mean about the madness??? I'm not posting to be reassured that I'm pregnant, because honestly I think I am probably not... my body has pulled a lot of weird hormonal tricks on me in the past few months. Just thought I would post because I know you all understand!!! I need to go to the doctor for some unrelated bloodwork next week, so I figure if I haven't started my period by then, I'll talk to him about what's been going on and get some tests done. I will quite likely just wait until then and not take any more HPTs, because of the frequent urination thing.... I can never get my urine very concentrated!

Oh and btw - I absolutely know I am 16dpo. I had a crystal clear temperature shift, and I even had the rare but very obvious temperature drop on the day of ovulation. So I know exactly what day I ovulated and there is zero chance that I could have ovulated later than that!

So, anyone else going crazy with me?

Oh, I forgot one thing. A few days ago my husband had a dream that I was pregnant - again, not something I put a lot of credence in, but it was weird timing because I had just barely started having the increase of CM and we hadn't talked at all about the possibility of me being pregnant. We both figured we were totally out this cycle because I was out of town during O. So, it's not something I put a lot of stock in, but it was weird timing!

Sounds promising! But, then, you're speakng to your fellow mad-hatters. :haha:

I hope your husband's dream comes true!!!

We are all going crazy!! haha
You just never know I guess.

I actually think my whole personality has changed since we started ttc!!! I second guess every twinge, spot, tired feeling!! I think I am actually going mental!!

Hysterical laughter..……

The funny thing is, I really haven't been second guessing! After that time a few months ago when I was SURE I was pregnant, I have been pretty calm about it all. I get sad when my period comes, and I desperately want a baby, but I haven't been tracking symptoms or anything. I know my body well enough to know that it does weird stuff all the time, so I can't really blame most stuff on possible pregnancy..... lol. Guess we'll see in a few days!

The funny thing is, I really haven't been second guessing! After that time a few months ago when I was SURE I was pregnant, I have been pretty calm about it all. I get sad when my period comes, and I desperately want a baby, but I haven't been tracking symptoms or anything. I know my body well enough to know that it does weird stuff all the time, so I can't really blame most stuff on possible pregnancy..... lol. Guess we'll see in a few days!

I knew I was pregnant last cycle, and I was correct, though it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. Hadn't had any suspicions in the months of ttc before that. Now that I know what it feels like, I do find myself symptom spotting more, unfortunately. But, I can also compare it to last month and realize, no, I'm not peeing as often, my boobs aren't as sore, i'm not as tired, etc. Lord help me when the memory fades. :haha:

Well, for what it's worth, I am now 17dpo, still high temp, still no period. I am not getting my hopes up too high though.... I'm partly convinced I have a luteal cyst and not a real pregnancy. I have a doctor's appointment Monday though, so I guess we'll see!!!

By the way, I've been having ABUNDANT discharge (both lotiony and watery, with ewcm every few days) for about a week now, and frequent little twinges (not that painful) on my left side (I think that's the side I ovulated from this month). Among other things......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->