paternity leave

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

we had decided that OH was going to use 1 week of his holiday when the baby was born as he would be on "normal pay" compaired to a £50 loss if he took paternity leave.

now the problem arrises he only has 9days holiday remaining until jan 2010. we are booked to go away for oct half term week which will use 5days, leaving him 4 to use or loose.

his boss isnt being being helpful at moment and said he needs to know sooner rather than later about paternity leave (according to gov site we still have 5weeks). there isnt a union or anyone he can speak to as theres the boss him and 1 other guy.

does anyone know if OH can take his 4days holiday (at full pay) AND then a weeks paternity leave? or would this not be allowed.

many thanks.

on a plus note the paternity pay has gone up from £117 a week to £124!

My hubby is doing this taking one week paternity (as he gets full pay for this) then 1 week holiday as we cant afford for him to go on statutory amount on the 2nd week.

x

gov site says that the maximum amount you can get is £124 a week if your in f/t employment. which as i posted above is £50 less than OH would get on wages/holiday.

My OH is having to use his holidays instead of paternity as there's no way we could afford for him to take such a dramatic cut for 2 weeks. You can take the 1st week as paternity and the rest as holiday if your boss agrees to the holiday.

I think what it will probably be is that he can only take holidays subject to the approval of the boss ... like I can take holidays but only if it's suitable timing (e.g. not if my boss was already off etc). So the boss can approve/deny holidays as he sees fit. Does that make any sense? So there probably isn't any reason why he can't (legally) take holidays followed by paternity leave, but because you are asking for part holidays, that's entirely up to the boss whether he grants the request for that part.

My hubby's bosses would prefer him to use his holidays but we're going to try to take his full 2 weeks at SPP and then 2 weeks holiday so he gets a month off. (sounds like a long time but will leave him with 2 weeks remaining for xmas etc) - normally if you try to take Paternity with them they 'sell' your holiday pay rate to you as it's less paperwork for them....that's all.

Combining the two shouldn't be a problem though as long as he makes it clear when he intends to take it and how long for.

gov site says that the maximum amount you can get is £124 a week if your in f/t employment. which as i posted above is £50 less than OH would get on wages/holiday.

just checking that what your asking is if it is possible for him to take one week paternity and 4 days as holiday?

just checking that what your asking is if it is possible for him to take one week paternity and 4 days as holiday?[/QUOTE]

yes thats the 1. sorry if i've confused things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->