Paying for an US to find out the gender early...

hoptingfor3

Mom to three girls :)
Reaction score
Are there any ladies that will be paying for a private ultrasound to find out the gender early?

My husband and I have decided to not buy anything untill we know the gender. My doc doesnt do ultrasounds often, usually only one a pregnancy. He told me at my last appointment he wont do the "big" one until 24 weeks!

We are going to pay to have one done for about $100USD which isnt bad. They say that they can tell as early as 14 weeks but we will be waiting until about 16.

I dont think we will go for one to find it out early, but I think we will go for a 4D one towards the due date!

With my daughter I had a 4D scan about 28 weeks to find out the gender. I plan to do the same this time too

I will be waiting till my 20 week scan. I would love to pay for a early scan but waiting till 20 weeks least it will be more accurate

I've decided that if the technician can't determine the gender at our 20 week scan that we will be paying for a private 3D scan a few weeks later because I HAVE to know! lol

i dont really see the point tbh! :shrug:

I've really been thinking about this, too. We can get one for $50!!! I will only have to wait 3 more weeks. I've decided that at my next appointment - June 14th - if we don't get our next ultrasound at 18 weeks, we will probably pay for the gender scan at 16 weeks.

DH and I are VERY impatient. We're trying really hard not to be, but it's very difficult. This is our first baby, and we're just so excited.

I say go for it, if you want to. The more pics of your little one, the better. Let me know what you choose!!! :)

I went for a private scan at 16 weeks and they couldn't tell at all, they will usually schedule you for a quick free peak a week or so later at the private ultrasound places here if they can't find gender first try - we were able to get a " good chance it's a girl" at 17 weeks and confirmed at 20 weeks :thumbup:

I went for a private scan at 16 weeks and they couldn't tell at all, they will usually schedule you for a quick free peak a week or so later at the private ultrasound places here if they can't find gender first try - we were able to get a " good chance it's a girl" at 17 weeks and confirmed at 20 weeks :thumbup:

The place that we would be going to guarantees the gender as early as 14 weeks. If they are unable to determine, they bring you back for free until they can tell you for sure. I just hate to wait until mid august to find out what I am having! We want to start buying stuff sooner than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"