Paying for scan pics?

Bexx

I'm a mum!
Reaction score
Hey girls, bit of a silly question but how do you pay for your pics at the ultrasound scan? I assumed you just hand the sonographer the money and he/she prints out the pics, but I overheard some ladies in Mamas and Papas talking about a coin machine or something. I take it that also means I'll need loose change rather than notes?

There's no mention of any of this in the appt letter. I feel like such a numpty not knowing such a basic thing lol.

I just read an old thread in here about it. Most people said there was a token meter they had to take exact change for!!

Thanks hun, guess I'll be sending hubby off to get some change pronto! Our scan is first thing in the morning.

When I went for scan with DD with paid at reception desk for ours as they had been left there for us to collect.

In my letter it says you need pound coins and then put them in a machine and get tokens which you exchange for pics! £3 a pic at my hospital x

Thanks girls, I think I'm gonna give the hospital a bell and ask as it seems to vary depending where you go. Don't want to get caught short lol.

We were given our pics (8 of them!! Couldn't believe it!) and the Sonographer just asked us to put a donation in the box at the reception desk. It 'suggested' £2-£5 per pic on the leaflet I was given when I checked in, but my mum only put £5 in for the lot :)

we had our scan today.
There was a machine like a parking ticket machine that took £1 coins or £5 notes.
You put the money in, hand in the reciept to the receptionist, who then gives you the pics.
It was £5 for 2 pictures.

Cheers girls, does look like it's down to each individual hospital. I rang mine (Ipswich) and it seems that you pick a good shot during your scan, then afterwards use the coin machine to buy a ticket which you then present to the receptionist and he/she gives you your copy.

Our hospital is quite pricey at £5 per pic and apparently you're only given the one shot (but can buy as many copies as you like). Hubby just came home with £18 of pound coins for scans and parking. :D

I'm so excited now, can't wait for tomorrow!

We had our first scan today and we got given 8 pictures. On the way out we had to put £4 in the machine and then give the token to the receptionist. Somebody else who came out only got 1 picture so not sure what the criteria is for number of pictures

I have had 3 scans so far and three photos and haven't needed to pay for any of them!

Well here you pay at the reception and that covers the consult and pics, the pics are printed out on the spot.

at my hospital were i had scans of my last babies,they charged £3 a pic x And you had to put it in a box x

i had to pay £2.50 per picture, and we paid at a machine, we needed change, and then collected them at the desk! silly really we should have them free! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"