PCOS.. 1st month on metaformin.. Advice greatly appreciated

Crazycolours

Reaction score
Hi,
Well just a bit of background.. Been taking Yasmin for approx 4 years. Prior to this had 1 daughter and 2 miscarriages. Decided to try for no2 in June 2013 & came off the pill. Since this periods stopped & only had 3 since to date.

Started of TTC with opk & pg tests etc however as nothing was happening & it was becoming difficult due to cycles lasting months we decided to try & forget about it & try to concieve naturally without the added stress.

I was then diagnosed with PCOS in december & started on metaformin on 12th jan.

Has anyone else any experience with metaformin? Should my cycles regulate straight away??

I experienced terrible side effects, nausea, reflux, off food.

Last AF was 8th Jan & on day 27 this cycle. No AF yet & pg tests bfn.

Thanks for taking time to read my story xx

Hi, I took metformin for two cycles, unfortunately I didn't respond to it. (I have pcos too, found out when I was 18 now 31)
Sorry I can't be much help.xxx
It gave me a really bad metal taste in my mouth.
I never got regular cycles until clinic was helping me to get pregnant.
It might take a couple of goes, for your body to get used to the medicine.
Wishing you the best of luck.xxx

Thankyou for your reply

I think reason I only recently been diagnosed is due to being in Yasmin which deals with all symptoms of PCOS.

I go back to see consultant in May & he has advised if not pg by then he will try me on clomid. The side effects iv had with metaformin are awful, always refluxing & off foods (great for loosing weight lol) but I'm just holding out as hopefully it'll be worth it :) xx

I too was diagnosed with pcos so since august I have been on it so 6 months . The first couple months like 4 I'd have a period ( before met I only had 1 a year sometimes none) every 28 days but I mid cycle spotted around cd17 for 4 days but January cycle was my formal normal cycle :) so I got prescribed clomid which actually made me ovulate for the first time on cd13 , so the metformin got me regular and clomid made me ovulate:)

Also metformin made my appetite go away I have current lost 40 pounds on it , side effects are aweful but well worth it if you can stick to it

Thankyou so much you have given me a bit of hope :)

So your cycles back to 28 days straight away? I'm on day 27 today. X

Hi there!

I'm on Month 2 of Metformin for PCOS. I don't have too many complaints - at first I would have to run to the bathroom a few times a day and had bad gas. But after a week or two that subsided. I even lost 8 lbs on it so far! I find that it curbs my appetite. I'm hoping that it'll help me conceive a sticky since I've had a few chemicals. I'm also on Clomid this month. I've heard amazing reviews on Metformin and how it can help us PCOS'ers, so hang in there! :)

My first cycle was 55 days then 28 days then 27 days now this cycle will be 26 or 27 days so yes after the first cycle it went straight to 28 so yes there is a lot of hope believe me I've felt what you are , I thought nothing would help but give it time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->