PCOS and OPK question

julybabe84

Mum of 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
Hi there I was hoping anyone with PCOS could help me out with a wee question.

I have only recently found out that I have PCOS and from my understanding this means I wont ovulate ever cycle (hence very irregular periods). I have only started temping properly in my last cycle which didnt show ovulation. In this cycle I have made more of an effort to make sure temps at same time of morning etc, also checking CP and CM. I had SHOW yestrerday so I done an OPK and it came up positive so I took another one today and it was even darker. I know only a shift in BBT can pinpoint Ovulation.

What I'd like to know is with PCOS would all the signs point toward ovulation and then ovulation not happen? Or do you get no ovulation signs at all on those cycles?

Attachments

• January OPK.jpg
    January OPK.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi, I have pcos and have had a pos opk, but not ov'd until 10 days later. You have to read all the signs. I check my cm, temp and opk.

With pcos you can have LH surges which will give you a pos opk, but no egg is released. If your temp increases in the next day or two you've most likely ov'd if not I would say it was just a surge.

I have my fx for you x

Oh I forgot to say watch for ov cramps too. If you get them with a temp rise, it's fair to say you ov'd. Gl x

Thanks, all the signs point to it so I'll keep an eye out. I have had cramps on and off for the last 2 weeks. Yesterday I had what I can only describe as someone poking my left ovary with a pin, but last night it changed to a burning feeling (TMI sorry) kinda like you get with diahorrea.

I'd say you were ovulating as I get exactly the same before I ov. I know they say you can get a burning sensation from the cysts but I also get it when I ov with an intense pain in the ovulating ovary.

With my false pos opk I had no symptoms. Your opk looks really strong.

Fx for a bfp this cycle x
:dust:

THanks I didnt know thats what ovulation pain felt like. Before all i noticed was what felt like AF cramps. Never noticed it like yesterday before. Not feeling it now though, how long would that normally last?

Thanks again and fx for you too. :dust:

I only really notice the cramps/pain for about a day, then it goes.

I'm not sure about about the cramps for the last weeks tho. My fs said that hormone changes can affect the bowels that's why some people get stomach issues around their af or ov.

Yeah I always end up with stomach troubles at AF time its awful, thats one reason why I was always glad i didnt get one every month but now we're ttc its not so good. lol,

I'd be interested to know if you get you temp inc.

I definitely ov every cycle, but I haven't got to grips with my cycle length yet. Pcos is so different for everyone affected.

Gl x

It was up slightly this morning, I'm wondering if it might dip tomorrow and then rise or if it'll just rise I noticed on FF chart gallery both can happen and still be classed as Ov. On the other hand it might do nothing lol. My chart link is at the bottom so I'll keep it updated.

Good luck to you too fx.

Oh no!!! :hugs:

Temp again tomorrow and if it drops again it could have been a surge. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Did you do another opk? If you haven't it might be worth it.

From my experience I would keep dtd, temping and opking. If it was a surge at least you're not out. X

Just looked at your chart it looks good. You can get a drop after ov, as long as it doesn't continue to drop. Gl x

Hiya,
I had positive opks and never O'd, found out was due to pcos. Could not understand why i was not getting pregnant? Anyway my LH levels were really high so that explains the false positive opks.
Hope what you got was a true positive and that you catch that eggy this month!
Gl hun :hugs:

Hi there, I hope your temps go back up Julybabe 84:flower:

babygirlhall I was wondering if you had multiple positve OPK's or just the ones around when OV should be? (I love Josuas outfit in your profile pic, so cutebaby dust to all :dust: xx

Temp was up from 35.95 to 36.02 this morning, but that was after only about an hours sleep. Got woke up at 5.05am with Owen shouting he thought his nose was bleeding again (he's prone to that), which it wasnt then I went back to bed and couldnt get back to sleep. I have alarm set so always take temp at 6.40am then go back to sleep lol Guess i just have to hope for a better reading tomorrow. I done an OPK yestrday and it was negative, there was a line there but not as dark. Plenty BD'ing anyway in the hope of getting lucky.

Oh another thing dont know if its connected or just random but today is the 4th day I've had very very sore nipples (on the very tips of it) just my bra or clothes touch is agony. I have experienced this before but dont know where in my cycle I was.

Thanks, good luck and babydust :dust: to all. x

Contrary of what you read (temps rising after you wake up), I get lower temps if I slept poorly or woke up in the middle of the night! So FX for a rise for you tomorrow!! And a good night sleep! ;)

Sounds promising. I can get sore bbs right from ov through to af.

I really hope this is your cycle x

Temps looking promising today its gone up to 36.18 fingers crossed it keeps rising. I'm starting to think this is a good sign that maybe I do ovulate but just now every month as cycles can go between 46 to 134 days over the last year. I have always been very irregular ever since i started AF.

How is everyone esle doing?

Yay, so pleased.

I'm on cd10 waiting to ov, but it could be a long wait. I too have really long cycles, naturally every 6 months. I have always been irregular like you.

I've used agnus castus for the last 2 cycles. My last cycle was 47 days, but it did cause a lh surge without ov 10 days before ov. I was oving when I saw the fs, and pretty sure I do every cycle, but they are just so long!

Fx for short cycles for us and a bfp! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->