PCOS and Ovulating? Please Help

YearningHeart

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Ok so I had a BFN on my first round of IVF. I have 6 weeks before my next appointment and during this time I want to try as much as possible for a natural BFP. I have on my periods now and should finish in like 3/4 days. I have 30 ovulation strips of 3 different companies

The funny thing is I dont understand these ovulating thing properly. Do I start checking from day 5 after I finish my periods? Because I have PCOS it means my next cycle of periods is completely unknown so does that mean my ovulation will be late? Is 30 ovulation strips enough?

Has anyone done this before? I feel so dumb asking this after doing IVF.

Thanks in advance. xx

hiya, sorry you got a bfn after the ivf :( ive heard the fertility drugs can make alot of ladies very fertile, so def make the most of waiting :) id say it depends on how many days are in your cycles but id start from around cd 8 onwards :)

Thanks redrose for your reply. Is there fertility drugs that can be bought from the counter or does it have to prescribed?
The problem is I dont know the length of my cycle. Like this year I had like roughly 4 cycles of periods and they were all due to BCP and when I stopped BCP then I got the bleeding. My period timetable is a total mess. It takes months before the next cycle comes. I feel so stuck. :-(

well when i said fertility drugs i meant left over from the ivf, but there are natural things u could take to help, evening primrose until u ovulate is good to take, drinking plenty of water, and you could consider soy i suppose ? some women take soy like u would clomid and its suppose to help ovulation

Hi, I have PCOS and was advised not to use OPKS as they can give inaccurate readings for pcos sufferers (which was true in my case).

I temp and monitor cervix position and mucous, this is far more accurate.
Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon.
X

Redrose - The only left over medication I have from IVF are injections. Soy? Iv not heard that, I shall check it up. Thanks.

BabyChickPea - Thanks I really do hope I do see a BFP. I spent hours doing research all day on PCOS and ovulation since Im free all day and I am home alone. I made my order for a basal body thermometer which should come tomorrow because I requested fast delivery. Im excited to get the thermometer which comes with an ovulation chart. Is that your daughter in the pic? What a cutie!

Today is day 4 of my periods. If I get the thermometer tomorrow then I will start recording from Sunday morning which will be day6 of my periods or I might even be finish by then. Do you think I should start recording from Sunday?

xx

i also heard staying away from sugar, and white foods like white bread and with pasta and sticking to whole wheat helps with pcos, i did this with my son and i got preg 8 weeks later

For my weight loss I had to go on low carb diet which helped a lot. Im focusing to lose more weight, so Im going to have low carb and high fiber food.

well its not that u cant have carbs but get the right ones you know, there is something about suagr i heard on the radio that makes it worse

Yes it is my daughter, she's 4....I fell pregnant with her first month of ttc!! Have been ttc # 2 for nearly 3 years now!!!

Anyways.... Also look into agnus castus. It's supposed to help with ovulation!
Re: temping. Start ASAP but its really important that its done as close to the same time everyday. Use fertility friend to chart, it'll pin point your exact day of ovulation, by reading your temps.
Pcos is a nightmare!!!!
Lotsa luck for your BFP xx

redrose - Yeah I heard sugar is not good, so that needs to be reduced. I agree what you said about carbs, I notice when I eat pasta or rice I feel as though I have put on weight however white bread or baps dont seem too bad. Anyhow Im going to try my old meals that I used to do and that did the trick.

babychickpea - awwww shes gorgeous. I hope you do get a baby no. 2 soon. I have never come across agnus castus, I just googled it. I shall check this up! Thanks I will start straight away. Im so excited to start. Im going to start Sunday morning. I ordered one from amazon and it comes with a chart too.

xx

Hard thing with pcos is it affects everyone differently.
And the bleed you get after stopping the pill is not a period it's a withdrawal bleed from stopping so if that's the only "period" you get I would say you are not ovulating on your own.
Are you on metformin? It caused me to ovulate naturally first time in years, your gp would need to prescribe that.
There are alternatives available from a naturopath / health store but personally I avoid them. They are not as regulated / tested as much as real meds so no one knows what they can do. Eg agnus castus or vitex- there are conflicting reports on wether it can be taken from day of ovulation onwards as it can cause miscarriage if taken post ov, and having pcos opks never worked for me so I wouldn't know if I oved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->