PCOS and Provera?

xsugarplumx

Reaction score
Has anyone who has had PCOS (I have a very severe case - haven't had a period since January, and no I am NOT pregnant.) Have any of you been on Provera? I was prescribed 7 days of 10MG Provera to induce a period, and then there after,start birth control Sprintec, the sunday AFTER my period.. I'm on day 3, and worried it's not working

:(

I usually bleed when I'm birth control.. so I think it'll work.. I'm just very very nervous...

Sorry, I have PCOS but have never taken Provera. Even though your not TTC yet you might get more answers or people with experience with it in the TTC board.

Hey so any luck? I finished my provera last Wednesday (the 13th) and still no af! Found your post in a search, wondering how you were doing!

It's weird, and excuse the TMI, but hubby and I both can um... 'smell' her coming BUT NOTHING! and sometimes I swear, she's here so I rush to the bathroom, but it's just super watery CM.. my body is sooo messed up!

I have PCOS....I get AF naurally once or twice a year if I'm lucky. I had to use provera and fertility meds with my last pregnancy. I took provera for 10 days and then af would come within 3 or 4 days after the last pill. You typically won't get AF u til after your done the pills. Just keep on it and I'm sure she will show soon :)

Msw - why were you taking provera? Your tickers shows that you are very pregnant!?

I was put on 2.5mg for 7 days.. I heard that's like the least amount of dosage? I hope it comes.. I know I bleed all the time on BCP, so I'm wondering if it doesn't show by sunday (today would be my last day), should I just start the BCP or call my doc?

Msw - why were you taking provera? Your tickers shows that you are very pregnant!?

My ticker is very old lol. My son was born last year. I got pregnant again in July, but miscarried in September and still have not had af since :( I should change my ticker huh???

Msw - sorry for your loss :( Hope AF shows for you soon! Once I took provera and AF never showed....took a test and it turned out I was pregnant! Have you tested?

Msw - sorry for your loss :( Hope AF shows for you soon! Once I took provera and AF never showed....took a test and it turned out I was pregnant! Have you tested?

I'm not sure if this is meant towards me, but I haven't, only because I'm 99% I'm not, because haven't had AF since mid-january and took a test 2 months ago and I'm not preggy.

Sugar - the message quoted was for msw454. But I do indeed hope AF shows for you as well! Geez, since January! Wowzers! You sure sound a lot like me :) I can't remember for certain, but I think the longest from the last provera pill to when AF arrived was 5 days. I don't remember my dosage thou. What is it that makes your PCOS severe? Do you have cysts and all? The only symptom I have is long cycles, nothing else.

I have a LOT of cysts... have has horrible cramps... idk what my period symptoms are anymore

Nope, not pregnant, I've taken lots and lots of tests :( still no af. Friday was officially 10 days since my last pill. I'm pretty worried about the lack or af. Of course, dr office is closed for the weekend, but I'm calling first thing Monday morning!!!

So I decided today that I'd start my Sprintec birth control... and literally 2-4 hours later I went and pee'd, wiped and lo and behold.... there was PINK! I'm spotting... but its there!!!

I don't think I've been this excited about a period in a while! Hopefully this is a start of some regulation

Lucky you sugar plum!! I'm actually jealous :) still no af for me, two weeks later!! What is the sprintec for? I haven't heard of it

Tmb, I see you're taking vitex, what do you think of it so far? I was thinking about looking into it

Sprintec is a birth control I've been prescribed for 4 months to clear out my cysts :)

I'm liking the vitex thus far. As for helping, I am not yet sure. I got AF after taking it for about 3 weeks (that cycle ended at 68 days) I am now close to 60 days at the cycle I'm on now and AF hasn't arrived. I feel like she's coming but that doesn't mean she will. They say vitex is slow acting so I am trying to be patient....but it's hard! I've been off it for 4 days now just to give myself a break from remembering to take everything. I'm going to start back up in z few days though if ad doesn't arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->