PCOS and weightloss with metformin anyone???

xkissyx

Reaction score
hi ladies was just wondering if there is anyone on metformin dieting and just wondered if there's any sort of support group out there ....

next year i'm really hoping to loose the weight to get pregnant next year 2011 has gotta be my year had the worst luck ever so far this year so i'm due a good year :thumbup:

i have been referred by my gyno now to the hope hospital to see a consultant about possible weightloss surgery and very excited :happydance: i have managed to loose some weight so far since 12 months back but i seem to have come to a stand still and all thats left if WLS x

I no nothing about PCOS & weightloss.

If your loss has stopped, like me have to shake things up & change things around, up/lower your calorie intake, up your exercise, up your water etc.

Very common to hit a point where weight stops coming off. Well done on your loss so far!

thanks ... i'm planning on changing it a little more after christmas can get stuck right into it then x

I have pcos and am starting my weighloss journey on the 1st, there is a thread started too.
I have been reading a lot about pcos lately and my doctor said metformin definitlyhelps takes the weigh off, BUT it usually takes about 2-3 months of use before you can count on it.

A low GI diet with excercise seems to be the winning combination. Hope this helps!

I have PCOS and was ttc for 6 years I then lost nearly 5 stone and got pregnant. I hadn't been taking met for about 2 years as it did nothing for me! I went to slimming world and went to the gym 3-4 times a week!!!
Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->