PCOS? Confused...

Brihughes113

Reaction score
Hi all!! Okay so my life feels like a soap opera lately!!! Any input is greatly appreciated, because I need advice!!

So I went to the doctor back in October from missed periods after stopping the BCP in June. She told me not to worry it happens, my first period came end of October. I got pregnant about 3 weeks later and had a chemical around 5.5 weeks... As of this miscarriage happening 6+ months after tryingb they want to start my "ttc date" to december because of this CP.

Now-- fast forward to today. I am cycles going on 60+ days, and I'm pretty positive I go without ovulation. My doctors digd blood work and the only thing with high levels were my testosterone (74 ng/ml) and my anti mullerien hormone (11.43). The only ink link to what it is in pcos but that was before blood tests two weeks ago. I haven't recieved a phone call or anything about my blood test results I have them available online.

I am 21, 5'3 135/140lbs. No hair growth or loss, no weight gain, no acne...

I need help wrapping my head around everything. Anybody have similar experiences?? I am on metformin for a month, it's almost been a year and I have a semi diagnosis of PCOS.

Is it PCOS in your opinion? Will I get Clomid? What happens now?

Sincerely,

A very lost women!

Hello!

I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. My only real issues were polycystic ovaries and lack of ovulation. They did also test my blood and my insulin was high but blood sugar was low and my LH & FSH were out of whack. The way I found out I had PCOS was that I was charting and I did not ovulate or have a period for 6 months.

My first doc, an OBGYN, told me I just had polycystic ovaries. I didn't trust that diagnosis so I went to a RE. The RE looked at the same results and diagnosed me with PCOS. Anyway, they started me on Metformin (2000mg) and I started ovulating again.

I did that for about 6 months but my cycles started going from 30 days to 60 days, which made it hard to time BD. So, my doc and I decided that we should try Femara. Which did get me pregnant but it was ectopic. And its been 3 cycles since then.

To me, it does sound like PCOS. My suggestion though would be to maybe try to get in to see a RE. Reproductive Endocrinologists specialize in these things and will probably give you the best treatment. Mine has helped me immensely where my OBGYN has failed.

But, my guess is that the treatment will be metformin for a bit and then something like clomid or femara if it doesn't work. How much Metformin do they have you on?

Oh I have zero cysts on ovaries too!! Lh & FSH & insulin& everything was perfect!!

I am a military spouse stationed on kodiak island so I will need to get referred out to Anchorage to visit an RE. Maybe that's what I should do. I'm on 1500mg metformin a day. Hoping for the best!! :-/

Hmm. Well, to be diagnosed with PCOS, these are the critereon...

Out need two out of three of these to be considered for PCOS:

1. lack of ovulation
2. hormonal issues (testosterone mostly)
3. Cysts on the ovaries.

You seem to have the first two (while I just have 1 and 3) So that should qualify you. And its good you are on 1500. Most start at 500 which doesnt do much. So, hopefully 1500 should make a difference for you!

Thank you so much for your advice! I am going to meet with my dr and see if a referral to a RE can happen. Thank you so much for easing my mind!! Baby dust to you !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->