PCOS diagnosed, anyone else!? upset, and scared!

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
hello ladies! :) it's been a long while since I logged on here. I'm looking for advice, success stories, or just people in the same boat as me really! me and my OH have been trying for a baby since June. we haven't had any luck, as I was having very irregular periods. on thursday I had a scan at the hospital, I've been diagnosed with PCOS. I'm now waiting to be referred to a fertility clinic, as we are TTC. I'm so scared, upset, disappointed and extremely jealous of anyone with a newborn baby, or bump! :cry:

I'd really love to hear I'm not alone, or some success stories would be great, just to get me feeling positive again! my OH really wants us to have a baby, because as much as he loves my daughter, she isn't his as I had her from a previous relationship. we're getting married April 2015, and having a little bump would really top things off.

thanks in advance. :flower: x

Hiya, I'm Emma :)

Had to reply as your post really touched me, because I'm in almost exactly the same position.

I have 10 year old twin boys from a previous relationship (who were conceived without even trying!) - and my partner and I have now been TTC one of our own since June/July.

I knew something wasn't right as I've been having some irregular bleeding (which I haven't had before) and I wasn't getting a definitely positive OPK some months. So although we'd only been trying 6 months or so, I went to the GP who agreed to look into the irregular bleeding.

Had blood tests and scan which confirmed 'mild PCOS' - which terrified me. What then made it worse, was that she told me I'm not entitled to any fertility referralls or help because I already have children. So I was basically just sent on my way and told to 'keep trying' and it 'may just happen'... :-(

I too feel jealous of anyone with a bump or a baby, and it's really getting me down that I feel like it's just not going to happen for us. We would have to save to get private treatment, so that's not going to be any time soon....

I'm sorry I can't offer any solutions as I'm trying hard to find some myself, LOL! All I can really say is that I'm glad that unlike me, you're getting the referral and the treatment that may help you :)

Hiya, I'm Emma :)

Had to reply as your post really touched me, because I'm in almost exactly the same position.

I have 10 year old twin boys from a previous relationship (who were conceived without even trying!) - and my partner and I have now been TTC one of our own since June/July.

I knew something wasn't right as I've been having some irregular bleeding (which I haven't had before) and I wasn't getting a definitely positive OPK some months. So although we'd only been trying 6 months or so, I went to the GP who agreed to look into the irregular bleeding.

Had blood tests and scan which confirmed 'mild PCOS' - which terrified me. What then made it worse, was that she told me I'm not entitled to any fertility referralls or help because I already have children. So I was basically just sent on my way and told to 'keep trying' and it 'may just happen'... :-(

I too feel jealous of anyone with a bump or a baby, and it's really getting me down that I feel like it's just not going to happen for us. We would have to save to get private treatment, so that's not going to be any time soon....

I'm sorry I can't offer any solutions as I'm trying hard to find some myself, LOL! All I can really say is that I'm glad that unlike me, you're getting the referral and the treatment that may help you :)

Where are you from? It's really bad they won't give you any fertility help because you have previous children! I'm still getting it, even though I have my daughter. I'd really get on at them about that hun. Thank you for replying, it's nice to know I'm not alone :) xx

Hello ladies hope I'm not interrupting. I have also been diagnosed with PCOS and have been prescribed provera to induce and period and then to start clomid.
Was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this or heard anything on it? Really appreciate any replies!
Thank you
Sammi xx😘

I have PCOS as well and conceived easily. With my loss I conceived my first cycle on femara. With this current pregnancy I conceived my first full cycle on vitex. I didn't want to go on fertility meds a second time so I used vitex. It's an herb. I'm currently still on it and will start weaning next week. I started taking it on cd50 as I hadn't ovulated or had AF. It made me ovulate and brought on AF soon after. I conceived the next cycle which was my first full cycle on it.

Good luck!

The femara from my dr. The vitex you can get online that's where I got it. On amazon. I think some stores carry it as well but I couldn't tell you where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->