• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

PCOS Diagnosis...in total shock

JLeeCT

Reaction score
So I went to my OBGYN last week bc my cycles have been crazy and unpredictable ever since I went off the pill a year ago. She did an exam and blood work and everything seemed just fine but scheduled me for a pelvic ultrasound just to be safe. Well I went in today and found out I have cysts all over both ovaries. :cry:

I am 28 y/o, 5'7 and 130 pounds, no problems with acne/facial hair, none of the typical symptoms besides messed up cycles (I had a feeling I wasn't o'ing most months...)

I feel DEVASTATED and totally SHOCKED. I am supposed to get more blood tests next month to see if I am ovulating (doubtful) and then the dr wants to talk about putting me on Clomid. I was so excited about trying to have a baby, and now I feel like the fun is gone and my body has totally failed me.

Anyone else gone through something similar? I could really use some support :sad2:

Hey!!
I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was 24, 5"8, 60kg (9.5stone) had no acne or excess facial hair so was really shocked. I came off the pill (I had been on it for 6 years) and didn't have AF for 5 months. After nagging and various visits to the doctors I was diagnosed with pcos and was devastated - i thought i'd never get pregnant, but..... I did fall pregnant naturally! (5 months after coming off the pill - didn't have an AF was very lucky to catch the eggy)

I know it's horrible... I know how you're feeling but I'm proof that there is a chance and lots of women with PCOS fall pregnant - granted for some it's a long painful battle but most I've spoken to have got there miracles with and without medical help.
There's support threads on here and the women are so nice... I made good friends with 3 others women and all 4 of us got pregnant and had out babies within 2 years. :) all naturally!

Dunno if it helped but I started the gym (hate gym and slim anyway) I also took a herbal medicine called Angus Cactus - to regulate my periods.

Please keep positive!!! Don't give up, PCOS is not a infertility sentence!

Now I've had lo - my periods are 35 day cycles - not perfect but I'm def O'ing so I'm happy with that.

:hugs: :hugs: xxxx

hello jlee,

dont worry dear its not the end....
i jus want to give u encouragement...cause i never had regular periods since the beginning of periods...lolzzz....

i always knew something was wrong jus never paid it no mind cause i wasnt sure of kids just yet until a day in 2011 my friends at work started laughing at me cause i was always sleeping and they nag me to test for pregnancy which was positive ...after going to doc i was already entering secong tri...that year i didnt have a period....sadly that pregnancy ended with a stillbirth....

so i just wanna say that it is possible to fall pregnant naturally and that it do happen...

now that i am trying i went to obgyn who diagnose the pcos and he prescribed metformin and i got my first period (36 days) off it last week...on to second cycle...

so there is hope dear

good luck:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I know how awful the diagnoses can be, and I know your feeling like your broken, or that your never going to get pregnant. I know all these feelings because I have been dealing with the same myself since April when I was diagnosed after a possible miscarriage. Just know like the two before me have said, it's not the end even though it feels like the end, you will get pregnant, I have met several women both on here, and in my town that have the same problem and all of them have children. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

If you ever need to talk please feel free to message me, just know you are not alone in this, and that you will get pregnant, it's just gonna take a little more time. Just stay positive :) I know its very hard, but it will happen. Also if you need to cry because as pointless as it seems it helps I think I cried for an entire month after I found out. Of course there were outside circumstances contributing to it as well but I know most of my crying was over me thinking I would never get pregnant. I hope you find your bean soon and just trust your OB they know what to do to get you pregnant.

Thanks everyone. It helps a lot to know that I am not alone, and that so many ladies with PCOS go on to have healthy and beautiful babies. :flower:I just started taking Agnus Castus to help and regulate my hormones/cycles, and hope that when I get my blood-work done in three weeks that it shows I O'd. If not...Clomid looks to be around the corner. Have any of you ladies taken it?

I have been waiting for so long to TTC, and now I feel like the fun has been taken away. Hubby and I always wanted 3-4 kids, and now I am worried that I won't even be able to have any. :nope:

Hi was diagnosed with PCOS last month due to go into docs yesterday to get chlomid but got a bfp before I had chance so seriously try not to worry x

Don't worry! I always had irregular periods when I was younger and had 2 kids.then I had a the mirena iud for 10 years with no periods. Now in my old age I just had my my blood tests done and apparently I have a nice ovarian reserve. My obgyn wants to put me on comid to help me ovulate but I'm going to try to do its on my own for a couple of cycles.

I just read that PCOS may expand your fertility window. (my AMH is 5.43) but maybe that's why I can still have hope today, maybe my body was just saying some eggs for latter ;)

Good luck!

Hey, I was Diagnosed with PCOS today. I was not shocked to hear the news...I always knew I had it but my FD kept telling me I did not. I have known for about two years and was actually relieved when I got the diagnoses...because now I have an answer ...been TTC for two years. For the first time in the two years I feel at peace, once I got the diagnoses I felt as if all my stresses from ttc were gone...It wasn't easy to hear him say it and I kinda wanted to cry when he did but at the same time...now I know for sure...finally. I got a prescription for metformin to help regulate me and next up is checking my tubes...Im finally getting somewhere with this all...

If you need a buddy, I am here, we can go through this together!:hugs: I wish you all the best.

Hi Kiwi~ I'm sorry that you are going through PCOS too, but I am starting to understand what you mean about being "at peace" after getting a diagnosis. In a strange way, it's comforting to know that there is now a plan for how to get pregnant, and there are steps to take that have worked for so many other women! Plus, now we can focus on having great sex for fun instead of making a baby! ;)

I have to go through a full cycle (I am cd6 today) and get some more blood work done before I start my drug regiment...but my fertility doc anticipates that I'll definitely start taking something to induce ovulation by the end of July.

Let me know how things go with the metformin--I am anxious to hear your experiences with everything :dust:

JLeeCT- Today is my first day on metformin, and no side effects! Lots of women report having awful side effects so I am definitely pleased that I am not one of them. My FS wont put me on clomid until he checks my tubes, which could take a couple months...but he said that metformin will shorten my cycles (last one was 170+ days long:cry:) and will help clomid work at its best.
I totally feel the same "having fun sex rather then baby making sex" There is a difference, for us anyways. How long have you been trying for?

Try not to let the fact that you have PCOS get you down, firstly cycles that are all over the place or longer than 28 days do NOT mean you do not ovulate, so try and think positive. I know when you get diagnosed you think 'Oh no I wont be able to get pregnant' but thats not true at all, I have PCOS and I conceived my son without even trying, I have cysts all over both ovaries and alot of other problems too, but it didn't stop me conceiving so there is every chance you can conceive too. The thing with PCOS is you don't know until you try to conceive whether you will have problems, and if it turns out you don't ovulate there are options including clomid.

PCOS is not the end of the world, if you need support please join the follow fb group there are loads of women on in the same boat as you and there's so much support:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/tinacpcossupportgroup/10151729251933627/?notif_t=group_comment

I'm currently trying to conceive baby no 2 and my periods are all over the place but I'm thinking positive. xx

Cookie~you have no idea how much reading this post helped me. <3 Thank you for sharing your story with me. I know that since I am still having periods, I am probably ovulating...just not all the time and not at a specific time!

I will definitely check out the FB group. Thanks so much for sharing it with me. Best of luck to you with your 2nd bundle!!! I hope you get your BFP super soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"