PCOS diet. Working towards a BFP.

Breakfast ideas:

1. quick cook steel cut oats with some frozen blueberries and Bob's Red Mill dried apple bits. I add either sunflower seeds, almond slivers or hemp hearts for protein

2. scrambled egg (scrambled in olive oil) with a slice of Ezekiel bread or Ezekiel English muffins

3. 2 scrambled eggs with veggies

Snacks: grapefruit with a few nuts on the side, half an avocado with sea salt

This is what I have been having for lunch at work

Chicpeas mixed with lemon juice, a little olive oil, a forkful of canned tuna and lots of sea salt, half an avocado with sea salt, a serving of fruit, plain fresh veggies every single day, maybe a small serving of brown rice with olive oil left over from dinner, chestnuts (LOVE THESE).

I don't typically eat all of these in one day.

Dinner:

baked chicken breast, green salad with sugar free dressing, small serving of brown rice

Slow cooker chilli with tomato base, sugar free organic broth, lots of beans, onion and spices

Quinoa cooked in sugar free organic broth, brussel sprouts cooked in olive oil & balsamic vinegar, baked salmon

Home made based soup with Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix added (this stuff has peas, lentils and whole wheat pasta bits) and a side salad,

My favorite sugar free salad dressings are Drew's Tahini Goddess and Annie's Shitaki Mushroom. Bove's pasta sauce is also sugar free. I also add either sunflower seeds, almond slivers or hemp seeds to my salads. We often add chic peas to our salads as well for extra protein.

Krissie- what is this chocolate mousse recipe you speak of???

Goldenratio- thanks for the great meal ideas. What brand protein bread do you use?

I whipped 2 cups of heavy cream to stiff peaks. Then I added 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips with 1/4 c coconut oil that I melted together. I mixed until most incorporated. Then I spooned them out in 1 tb portions and froze them. I can eat one or two and my sugar craving is gone. They have about 2 grams of carb and 4 grams of fat each.

What is everyone snacking on? This is what i struggle with i dont want just eat nuts as a snack as i will cave to me its not a snack. Ok chocolate tome is a snack butninwant something yummy that is a good subsitute i dont mind making something from.scratch bit nothing is jumping out at me when i seach snacks for low gi diet. Or am.i just being weak lol

I dont like snacking on nuts that much so I usually leave my fruits for snack time. I will have 2 fruits a day. But key is to pair every carb with protein so lets i hav apple and protein shake with it. Also roasted chickpeas is great at keeping me full and got lots of protein in.

I also make banana oatmeal cookies, so simple to make and yummy! Just mix some oats to banana until it gets hard enuf to shape then bake them. You can also add some nuts for extra crunch.

Also if u are in US or Canada, Boost Diabetic is a great shake to have.

Where do you get Boost Diabetic shakes? Are they pre-made?

Yea they are premade, Google boost diabetic u can see the packaging. In Canada I can find them at grocery stores and drugstores, Walmart has it even.

I tried brown rice pasta today....it was a little weird but I think I can get use to it. The taste was fine but the texture was throwing me off a little because I was expecting it to feel like regular spaghetti in my mouth!

I didn't have good luck with the "PCOS" diet described here, but I have really, really good results with The Whole30. "It Starts With Food" by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig outlines the whole program. It's basically the strictest form of Paleo eating. I love their "no nonsense" attitude about the whole thing. their book quote reads,

Quitting heroin is hard!
Beating Cancer is hard!

drinking your coffee black is. NOT. Hard.

:) good luck! I really think cutting the starchy veggies (the only one left in my diet is sweet potato, no more than 2Xs per week) and getting the legumes out of my diet (i'm super sensitive to them...5 pound scale difference in just one reasonable serving of them sensitive!!!) made a ton of difference.

I finally just read up on this diet. How long have you been doing it?

I like spaghetti squash for tomato based sauce. It has a bit of a different texture but tastes great with the sauce. I have tried a cream sauce, I'm not sure I'd like it as much. Even my dh enjoys it. And since my son refuses to eat any pasta I'm hoping to just start him on that and hopefully develop healthy tastes.

I didn't have good luck with the "PCOS" diet described here, but I have really, really good results with The Whole30. "It Starts With Food" by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig outlines the whole program. It's basically the strictest form of Paleo eating. I love their "no nonsense" attitude about the whole thing. their book quote reads,

Quitting heroin is hard!
Beating Cancer is hard!

:) good luck! I really think cutting the starchy veggies (the only one left in my diet is sweet potato, no more than 2Xs per week) and getting the legumes out of my diet (i'm super sensitive to them...5 pound scale difference in just one reasonable serving of them sensitive!!!) made a ton of difference.

I've done 6 true whole30s over the last 2 years and I absolutely feel the best when I'm on it. I've had 2-3 intermitted months where I just said screw it and ate what I wanted. The rest of the time I do a modified version of paleo eating. I eat whole30 compliant at home and when I take food somewhere and I do the best I can the rest of the time. I've lost 40 pounds (I'm still overweight, don't get my wrong, but 190 is better than 230) and I can maintain my loss this way easily.

Quitting heroin is hard!
Beating Cancer is hard!

I've done 6 true whole30s over the last 2 years and I absolutely feel the best when I'm on it. I've had 2-3 intermitted months where I just said screw it and ate what I wanted. The rest of the time I do a modified version of paleo eating. I eat whole30 compliant at home and when I take food somewhere and I do the best I can the rest of the time. I've lost 40 pounds (I'm still overweight, don't get my wrong, but 190 is better than 230) and I can maintain my loss this way easily.

Here is my problem with whole30, you cant follow it for life time. I dont mind cutting refined sugar,carbs and dairy but gutting grains? I can manage to follow pcos diet because i eat grains as carbs. I personally can do it couple months but not forever.
Any keto diet will make u drop bunch of weight but its never a long term solution.
I officially hate pcos! eating protein and nuts only is a sh*ty life:cry:

Well i have been reading and reading and reading about diets and apparently the mediteranian diet is good for pcos and a lot of the recipes include the stuff thats apparently good for ttc like spinach and all the different nuts just having that with yoghurt in the morning. Its something i can probably stick with long term as i love that sort of food and the vegtables that go with it. Im no longer using salt, and sugar well i have 1 cup of coffee with 1 sugar which is a massive cut down hoping to go to 0 soon . Im doing yoga as well to cut my stress from ttc and i think its becoming a little easier. Seriously i can give up wine easy peasy but not chocolate lol found some healthy crackers which dont taste like cardboard so thats something . Im going for progesterone check in week and a half so anything that might help im willing to try

Well i have been reading and reading and reading about diets and apparently the mediteranian diet is good for pcos and a lot of the recipes include the stuff thats apparently good for ttc like spinach and all the different nuts just having that with yoghurt in the morning. Its something i can probably stick with long term as i love that sort of food and the vegtables that go with it. Im no longer using salt, and sugar well i have 1 cup of coffee with 1 sugar which is a massive cut down hoping to go to 0 soon . Im doing yoga as well to cut my stress from ttc and i think its becoming a little easier. Seriously i can give up wine easy peasy but not chocolate lol found some healthy crackers which dont taste like cardboard so thats something . Im going for progesterone check in week and a half so anything that might help im willing to try

I love Mediterranean food since im from middle east and we include yogurt in all our meals. However, be careful with dairy. Here is a link that explains why https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/diet-tips/pcos-diet-dairy/

I bought some Ezekiel brand cereal which is made from sprouted grains and no added sugar. I was so excited because cereal is a favorite snack of mine. I had it with some unsweetened almond milk. As soon as I took the first bite I was disappointed! SUGAR MAKES CEREAL DELICIOUS, obviously!!! The next time I had it with some dehydrated apple bits and it was much better! Be careful of the dairy in Mediterranean food. If you are going to do yogurt you may want to do only a couple times a week.

Yeah im going organic which has less of the hormones and if i can get raw then better. I mught cheat though and swop it for a milk altenative to be safe . Im enjoying the fish and fresh veg and am feeling fuller but my 3 yo is not so impressed with some of the fish sauces sonhaving to make a cream/parsley sauce for him extra work but will be worth it

I have been doing the PCOS diet for two weeks now and here are my thoughts....

I thought it was going to be torture/hell...it really isn't.

I am not craving my Friday night margaritas and after work beer like I use to, I actually haven't even thought about alcohol at all.

I have more energy

I have only had one headache- I have chronic headaches and normally had a headache 5 of 7 days a week.

I have more energy in the mornings

I have dropped a few pounds on the scale even though I am not exercising more and I am eating more calories

I really think this diet is sustainable for me.

thats great 2ducks cant believe its helped you so much in 2 weeks. hope it helps with your pcos soon.

it is weird for me as it was the first time tonight i naturally grabbed some crackers (had them dry) and snacked on them tonight. didnt even think of chocolate.

I have been wanting something different for breakfast because I was getting tired of eggs. Here is what I came up with.

I found some no sugar added breakfast sausages at the health food store. One link has 7 g of protein. I had a can of pumpkin and got a great idea. I found a recipe for pumpkin pancakes. I left out the sugar, used buckwheat flour instead of regular flour, made my own almond milk buttermilk, and added dried apple pieces for a little flavor and sweetness. They came out great, I made a big batch and have been having one with my sausage in the morning.

Ms Sunshine, what brand of crackers are you eating??? I still need some ideas for snacky things. I am getting really tired of seeds and nuts!

Jacobs high fibre ones theyre plain i dont even have butter on them but they are quite yummy. Ive lost aince i started 4 pound i know u loose loads at the begining and thats over 2 weeks roughly but quite happy at that. Ive actually had a few days with no coffee so i think my body is getting used to no sugar. I read on one of the mediteranian recipes insteadnof using alt to squeeze lemon instead which has been ok. Those muffins sound lovely. Im going to see if there is anything i can bake with my son that is healthy nothing worse than baking and watching everyone else eat it. My son loves to bake

My total weight loss is 10pounds today, metformin definitly made things faster for me. I was in size 12 jeans (was bit loose tho), then went down to 10 and im in 8 today! 10 pounds weight loss is probably not enuf to drop 2 sizes but i weight train which means im gaining muscle, thats why my measurements goes down faster than my weight.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

GoldenRatio- Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!!!!!!

My sister was in critical care yesterday with some serious problems with her heart. I got stressed and had some Swedish Fish therapy, what a mistake. I still have a headache from all that sugar....I seriously feel hungover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->