PCOS & Early Pregnancy

kristel_

Reaction score
I found out i was pregnant 3 days ago. I've been reading that people with pcos should have a blood test as soon as they can to ensure their progesterone levels are ok. Today i had a dr's appointment and he refused to give me a blood test as he thinks that if my body allowed itself to get pregnant with pcos then there should be no reason why it can't sustain a pregnancy.

My question is for those of you that have pcos, did you have a blood test to check hormone levels? I mean before your booking in appointment with the midwife, i'm only 6.5 weeks along but i hear it's an urgency to get this checked. My dr just doesn't agree :shrug:

Congratulations hun, I've got real bad pcos and I've never been tested for it just hcg tests xx

I havnt had any tests but then i havnt rang my dr/midwife yet. X

Your doctor should absolutely be testing your progesterone level. He's wrong. My doctor tested me at my first appointment at 7 weeks and immediately put me on supplementation.

Get a new doctor.

I have PCOS and my progesterone levels were never checked in my first pregnancy (DD is almost 3) and I am currently 7 weeks along with twins and they have not been checked this time either.

I txt the number I had for the midwife. She said they don't test progesterone levels. I think there's a divide on what is advised in the USA and the UK. The UK seem to be a lot further behind. Think i'll just have to stick it out and see what happens.

Hi,

I didn't have my progesterone levels checked... but I did have an early scan at 8 weeks. That was because of recurrent (3) early miscarriages though.

I never had any checks with my first (who is now almost 3) and I'm currently 6 weeks and did get my progesterone checked, but only because I requested a beta hcg test and it was checked at the same time.

As soon as i found out I was pregnant I called my doctor and sent me to get my progesterone and hcg checked the same day. She was trying to help me get pregnant for a couple years and knew I had issues with low progesterone though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->