PCOS -excessive hair growth-dealing with it while ttc and during pregnancy

The strands are thick but it seems to be two clumps either side of my chin. After a day or so it feels like stubble even with the epilator. When I spoke to the docs they didn't seem to care :(

Mine started out on both sides of my chin. now it's most of my chin and some on my neck. I even get random ones on my cheeks. :( I have mentioned it to my dermatologist and my gyno. They all basically said the same thing-use hair removal products. My gyno gave me spironolactone for a while and I didn't see a difference. I don't know if it is because the dosage wasn't high enough or what. I also want to mention that all of these doctors were men. I don't think men understand what it does to us to have to deal with this. I know they see it a lot and there isn't a cure, but they could at least be a little more understanding.

Have you been able to notice any differences with birth control vs. no birth control? I was taking Yasmin, but it doesn't seem to be any different or worse for me off of the pill.

I was on femodene and it was definetly not as bad as off the pill. Its so frustrating knowing each day im off the pill im feeling/looking more and more ugly. I was at a friends birthday party last night and looking at the other women there, all younger than me all fresh faced no spots no random hairs. Then theres me covered in spots at 27!! (never had any as a teenager so its not a normal thing for me and my skin isn't greasy either. It would ok if I knew in a month or so i'll have pregnancy hormones that may sort it out

I always feel even worse looking at other women my age (I'm 29). Although PCOS with acne and excessive hair growth is supposed to be fairly common, I don't know anyone my age with problems as bad as me. Sure, people say, "ugh, I have facial hair!", but really they have no clue how bad it can be. I have had acne since my early teens and still have it. I never go out without full makeup! lol.

I too really think that pregnancy might normalize things a bit. Let's cross our fingers!

During pregnancy your body starts growing extra hair anyway so people won't think too much of it. The hormones cause the hair growth to go crazy and sadly it stated that way after bub was born! Also my skin turned HORRENDOUS when pregnant but that's to be expected with all those hormones and your so run down. No one will judge you for these things when pregnant as they are perfectly normal!

You have nothing to be embarrassed about, I used to feel like you but then I thought its not my fault...why should I feel ashamed?!?!?! I pluck my chin and shave my upper lip infront of my hubby, its part of my condition and I can't help that its like that. While I was pregnant my hair improved alot, my acne got worse but the excess hair wasn't such a problem. But if it did come to you going into hospital you'd be able to take tweezers and a razor, so you'd be able to go into the bathroom and do what you need to.

I think you should be honest with your OH, you'd feel much better. I'm sure my hubby doesn't appreciate me tweezing my chin infront of him, but needs must and all that. I do what I have to do. xx

I just hope I will have the time and privacy to take care of it without anyone knowing. I wish I didn't care about what other people think, but I do... Because the excess hair makes me feel bad about myself without other people knowing. lol.

Its understandable, I obviously care...if I didn't I wouldn't pluck and shave so much. My husband is the only one who really knows the extent of my excess hair problem, but we live together its hard hiding these things. Its much easier knowing I dont have to hide from him. I was worried about down below while I was in labour...but after 4 days of contractions and barely being able to reach that area I stopped caring!! Midwives see far worse things than hair!! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->