PCOS, first natural period in over a year

jessthemess

Reaction score
I've been off the site for awhile, taking a break!

I'm starting my first natural period since December 2012. Hurts like crazzzzy.

I used to have periods a few times a year than I went on BCP, and they were regular. I was on BCP for about eight months, not very long, and went off when I got married. I had three periods in a row after stopping BCP, and the last one was in December of 2012, so technically that probably wasn't even a natural period, its just its the last one I can remember when I didn't take Provera.

During 2013 I used Provera to induce periods three times and I did two cycles of Clomid. Nothing happened either time pregnancy wise. And I was crazy emotional so I stopped and we've just been relaxing and not thinking about it much since August.

Then this week, I started having bad cramps in my back. And then today cramps so bad I lost my breath. And now my period is here, and TMI, but big clots and everything. :(

What I'm wondering is did I do something to make my come back? I haven't lost any weight more than like five pounds in the last six months but I got a new job so I'm way less stressed and more active. I'm wondering if I'll ovulate next month and if this is a good sign. I just got a gym membership so I'm hoping if its a good sign than maybe I can keep it going with more weight loss.

I know these questions can be answered with time and patience but also I'm just wondering if any other PCOSers out there have had a similar instance.

I havent been diagnosed with PCOS, but I went 19 months without a natural period! so I do know what its like!

it sounds to me like its the stress. you said you relaxed more, you're more active etc! stress can have a huge influence on your cycle, and I guess the more what you were doing didnt work, the more stressed and upset you became?

it sounds to me like a good sign. you may not O this cycle (I didnt) but I did the next cycle! imho it sounds like things are getting back on track :) though you may have long cycles to begin with. my first cycle was 52 days, my second was 45 days, so slowly improving!

oh and the first natural af I had was incredibly painful, and a very heavy flow. it sucked :( I suppose its just cos everything builds up for so long! the next af was much lighter.

good luck :) hope it all works out for you!

Thank you!

I've been googling and haven't read many other posts like yours or mine but I was like I know they are out there!!!!

So thank you :)

Thank you!

I've been googling and haven't read many other posts like yours or mine but I was like I know they are out there!!!!

So thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->