PCOS / Insulin user - spotting question

Atuck2

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

History: I have been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 12. I am currently 30. In 2016 and 2017, I had very early miscarriages and wasn't in the best health to support pregnancy. I have recently started an insulin pump (October 16th) and my blood sugars are GREAT and we feel like we are almost ready to actually start TTC, but right now we are not trying, not preventing. I'm currently using Humulin R U-500 with an average of 34 units a day (would be 170 units of regular insulin a day). Because of the PCOS, my cycles have been averaging 35-45 days over the past 6-8 months.

Question: I haven't had a period since I started the insulin pump, so I'm currently on CD57. I tested on CD45 and negative. Figured it was just a weird cycle and might have something to do with me starting a stronger insulin regimen due to the insulin pump and it messing with my androgens. Then on CD54, I started brown spotting and did that for 3 days. It was never enough to even get on underwear, only when I wiped. I'm no longer spotting and it still doesn't seem like my period is coming.

Should I test again, and if so, when?
Is this normal for PCOS suffers on high levels of insulin?

CD60 - another BFN. Still no sign of AF either.

I’m still at a loss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->