PCOS sufferers - how long after losing weight did your symptoms improve?

charlie00134

Reaction score
I have lost 2 stone since being diagnosed with pcos and now I am a 26 bmi after being a 32. My cycles haven't returned to normal yet but as I've only lost the majority of the weight in the last 3-4 months am I expecting too much too soon?
Any advice would be appreciated.

I have PCOS and i lost 2 stone and still no improvement on my cycles.. So i am now taking vitex to improve my cycles, I started it in May and i had my first AF this month..

I lost about 50-60lbs . I started seeing improvement when I lost about 20ish lbs, I think? I'm not all that entirely sure about that, but that sounds right. I now ovulate fairly regular and even got pregnant twice without much trying, but sadly miscarried both babies. However, falling pregnant after my weight loss was easy. Now working on my rainbow baby!

MY BMI is 26 as well, yet my right side has PCOS mildly. It was seen on a scan recently. I'm guttered to say the least I am not big to begin with, I've known women with PCOS more severe than mine, and they're much, much bigger, yet they fell pregnant naturally.

I have PCOS as well. My BMI is 27. I have been taking Vitex for 7 months now. It help me conceive back in February, but sadly miscarried in April the year. My cycles have been 39 day since my miscarriage thought this is my first real AF after the Miscarriage. I am now on cd30-3dpo. But, so far I have lost 5.8lbs after my miscarriage.

This is what I take each cycle:
Vitex 400mg (All cycle long unless a BFP comes along then slowly stop vitex. Every other day for 2 weeks then every 3 days for 2 more weeks and so on until 12 weeks. If stopping vitexs right away can cause your progesterone drop and miscarriage)
Evening Primrose Oil (known as EPO) 1000mg (EPO should only be taken to cd 14 or to Ovulation if you have long cycles. Which I will be taking 2000mg next cycle if this one is has failed)
Folic Acid 1600mg (Plus the 800mg that's in the prenatal, but altogether is 2400mg.)

I've just about plateaued now and was wondering if it took a month or two for the benefits to kick in. I've has a cycle since but I don't know how long it may take to know if normality will return

i' m probably the weirdo here, but i was diagnosed with pcos when i was 17 and 50kg for 1.55m. bmi of 20. had the same issues of when i was on a bmi of 28!

i' m 31y now and last year (bmi of 28) i conceived naturally, after a diet and lifestyle change (fresh air, quit my job, moderate low carb).

having a healthy weight is defenetly better, but it is not the solution of all evils in the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->