PCOS TTC 4 years and BFP 2nd Clomid cycle

bonniessis

An Angel, A baby & A Bun
Reaction score
Okay, so I really hope I'm not tempting fate by writing my success story so early but I wanted to give others I bit of hope!
We've been trying for 4 years and finally saw fs in June 2012. After a year of tests and trying to lose weight (I lost 2 and a half stone) I finally started clomid in June this year.
The first cycle I was totally baby brained and had every symptom related to pregnancy. I was obsessed!! Of course tho it was BFN.
2nd cycle was the complete opposite. I ate and ate and ate a little more (gained 1.5 stone in 3 weeks). Also started smoking again which I had stopped before going to the fs. Enjoyed a few boozy nights out and concentrated on my wedding plans instead of baby making. Didn't track o or temp, just bd every other day for 10 days. Had absolutely no pregnancy symptoms at all and BOOM BFP. Don't even know what dpo I was when I tested.
For 4 whole years every time someone said "relax and it'll happen" I really wanted to slap them but when I tried it myself it actually worked.
So far things are going well. I've had 2 scans which showed 1 healthy beating blob and I couldn't be happier (or more worried).
I have stopped smoking and eating healthily again. Guess I just needed a month of being the unhealthiest and least stressed I've been in 4 years to get my BFP.
Hope this helps someone. I used to love reading success stories thinking that could be me one day (although I'll admit, I used to bypass the ones that said to relax, maybe I should have read those sooner)
Hugs and baby dust to all xxx

Congratulations! That is so exciting! My husband and I have been trying on and off for years to get pregnant, but because if my pcos, it has been extremely difficult. I am currently on CD 38, and wasn't temping so I have no idea when or if I ovulated. Average cycles are 31-34 days. Kinda anxious and wanting to test, but think ill give it a few more days. I caught what I thought was a stomach bug, but that passed and I still get bloated and sick feeling after I eat anything! Wish me luck! And congrats again!!

Thanks Sweet_Spice. I'm excited but soooo scared at the same time.
PCOS is a bitch, my cycles used to be anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months.
I'd usually be a "pee on a stick pusher" but now I'd say test when your ready, it's so stressful thinking about testing all the time. Hopefully that's a good sign that you're 4 days past your long cycles.
Lots of baby dust coming your way and good luck.
Xxx

Thank you!!! I got sick again this morning, and everyone at work is telling me to test :) but I'm still going to wait :) too many negatives in the past to test this early.

Just wanted to update this. Mine unfortunately wasn't a success story after all.
On 14th March I delivered my gorgeous baby boy stillborn at 36 weeks. I feel lost now and don't know where I belong on the forum. I'm grieving for my boy who was taken too soon and had no visible signs for his passing (postmortem results take 10 weeks), at the same time I can't help but worry that I'll never get a chance to be a proper mummy, I'm stuck in a rut between thinking about my precious baby boy and how cruel it is that he didn't even get a chance at life or thinking about the baby that I might have or not have in future.
I want to be a mummy so bad, I know I am a mummy because I gave birth, I experienced something so amazing that so many people long for but unfortunately I did the whole "natural delivery" thing with only gas and air knowing that I would never hear my baby cry at the end of it. I am a mummy but instead of taking my baby home I had to plan his funeral. I am a mummy but instead of having a "normal" baby, I have an angel.
I'm so scared that he was my only chance! It feels like some higher power has just been dangeling this baby in my face for the last 8 months only to take him away again.
Sorry, I'm getting carried away now.
I hope all your success stories have happy endings, hopefully I'll get my happy ending one day too x

Thought I'd update this AGAIN, although pretty sure nobody's reading it.
4 months after I lost my little boy I started clomid again, and to my surprise I got my bfp on the first month. A week later I started bleeding, it was all over. Didn't have time to dwell on it as it was a couple of weeks before my wedding so fortunately I had plenty of exciting things to keep me occupied. Took clomid again starting on day 2 of mc/cp.
9 days after the wedding and 13 dpo I did a test and another bfp! Went for tracking bloods this time and to my surprise they were raising.
*RAINBOW BABY MENTIONED*
The pregnancy was awful, healthy but mentally draining! I was in denial until about 20 weeks when I decided it was finally time to tell my family, that's when it all got real.
I was admitted to hospital for daily monitoring at 32 weeks waiting for D-day. Opted for induction at 35+1 as couldn't bear the thought of getting to 36 weeks again.
At 35+3 my little girl was born, this is where I wish I could say she was healthy however that wasn't to be. She had no natural surfactant in her lungs so couldn't breath on her own (even though I'd had the steroids). She ended up on the ventilator then various other breathing aids gradually reducing how much oxygen she needed until she was tube free and out of the incubator.
She got home at 2 weeks old and is doing superb!
Fast forward 4 months and it's like she's been here forever. We waited 6 years to take a baby home and finally we've done it. It's been a long journey with more heartache that I ever thought possible. I lost my son then watched my daughter fight for her life within the space of 13 months after years of thinking I would never be a mummy.
3 weeks ago we got a surprise bfp, currently 7 weeks pregnant and saw a nice heating blob yesterday at my first scan, this time we were ntnp but really never thought it would happen without my old friend clomid. Miracles do happen!
So...for anyone who has actually read this, I really hope it gives you hope that you'll get your miracle too. For me now, I have one in this life, one waiting for me in the next life and another on the way x

Hi Bonniessis,
Thank you for sharing your story! Big hugs to you, and huge congratulations for your current pregnancy!
Thank you so much for updating your post, it gives me hope for my future.. We are currently TTC #1 and it feels like it will never happen.. I hate PCOS!
Hope you have a healthy and happy 9months ahead!
Xx

Oh Bonniesis thank you for sharing your journey!! Things happen that we cannot explain but God has a plan and you have done a great job moving forward! How blessed to have your daughter and another on the way! Congrats on staying strong and faithful and never giving up! Happy and healthy pregnancy to you! :hugs:

Oh my goodness you have been through so much. Your story has brought me to tears.... More than once!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boy. And so happy you got your rainbow baby & now a surprise bfp too. Congratulations! Hope you are feeling well & wish you a smooth pregnancy from here on in.

(I have pcos too & it's a b*tch!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->