PCOS & weight loss success?

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
Hi!

Hope no one minds me asking in here.. I would ask in LTTTC but it gets a bit quiet over there sometimes!

I could do with a bit of a boost! :) I have been working hard with diet and exercise mainly for health reasons, I have PCOS and I've managed to reduce my BMI from 26/27 to 24. I haven't seen an improvement in my cycles yet though :(

I have just been prescribed clomid (awaiting on AF after taking norethisterone for 10 days) ... will the weight loss help the clomid to work? at the moment I feel a bit like the hard work hasn't paid off much :(

also if there are any supplements I should be taking I appreciate any advice x or any advice in general! x

I went on a pretty strict diet and exercise program the 4/5 months before I conceived and lost 40lbs. Didn't help my cycles at all though. Still didn't ovulate, no AF, etc. I used vitex to make me ovulate and bring on a new cycle so I can't say if weight loss would help the clomid. They say a 10% loss of your total weight should bring a cycle back, but I did more than that and nada. There are a few vitamins they say PCOS ladies tend to lack that can help. I forget what they are, but I believe vitamin d was one and one of the b vitamins I believe?

I've been losing weight to help with ttc and have found I'm ovulating on my own, although it is still irregular. But better than before when I never ovulated. I have heard weighloss is good for clomid and pregnancy.

Kyla is also right that pcos women tend to lack d and b vitamins. Both are necessary for ttc. I take a prenatal and that seems to be sufficient but it doesn't hurt to supplement.

I am losing weight not just for TTC purpose but also for my overall health and to feel better. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was young but now that I am older I ovulate on my own but I find I still dont get pregnant anytime my BMI is over 32, it just does not happen unless I lose weight.
I have been pregnant 8 times in my life for most of them I tried for years before giving up and putting my focus toward weight loss then I got my BFP. so I am hoping it works again. if I dont get pregnant naturally we plan to try IVF or donor FET and I would need to be at a healthy weight for that treatment too. when I lose weight I dont bother with fat loss supplements I just continue taking my prenatals with extra folate and I am still taking Ubiquinol for egg health, I found throughout the years that I dont lose weight unless I cut out all sugars from my diet and eat a high protein low carb diet which they say is better for fertility also. its not a easy diet to stick with can get boring at times but if it helps my health and ability to get pregnant its worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->