PCOS & Weight Loss

MrsParker

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I need some help. I have PCOS and I weigh over 16st which is huuuge :(

I am eating healthily and have just joined the gym this week. I'm steadily losing weight but it is going really slowly. I lose an average of 1lb per week. You can probably imagine how frustrating this is and I can feel my resolve weakening.

If you have PCOS you know it is more difficult to lose weight and it's all tied in with the insulin resistance.

I was hoping some you might have some tips, tricks, ideas, supplements - anything - which might help me get the weight off faster.

I am following a low GI diet currently and am working out 3 times a week.

I can't offer any advice because I am in the same boat, but gonna stalk for ideas too :)

I know that I found that I need to keep eating every 2 hours or so in order to loose weight. Even if it's just some cucumber or an apple. Having a salad with every meal also helped me. Drink lots of water also.

I find the less I eat the more I gain.

Have you talked to your doctor about metformin? That will help you with the insulin resistance.

I was gonna ask about Metformin as well. I'm insulin Resistant, actually I had the highest fasting Insulin Levels my gyno had ever seen. I dropped 10lbs on metformin in the first month. It doesn't make you lose weight, it just helps level out the hormones which makes weight lose a little easier.

I'm really glad to hear that kallygirlie, as I think I might be insulin resistant. I've just switched to low GI/low carbs, but I plant to get tested as see if I need metformin. I find it really hard to lose weight, so I'm hoping that might help.

I asked my dr for Metformin the last time I went in and started taking it.
I don't know if I have lost any weight, but losing weight sucks.

Pcos has made me gain ALOT.

I will also lurk this and see ideas on how to lose weight :)

I just found out I have PCOS is it believed you will not get pregnant until you drop weight? Is there anything else that can be done?

The slower the weight loss, the more likely it'll be permanent 😃
I need to lose weight to as I want a 2nd bub soon

I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS and whilst i'm not majorly overweight (Around 11 stone) i have been told to try lose a few pounds to try and help. I've been speaking to a few friends who are health freaks and they said the best way is to manage your diet and to eat small and often.

Breakfast is the main meal of the day as it kickstarts your metabolism so i have started having porridge for mine, followed by a healthy snack mid morning (usually fruit), lunch consists of soup with ryvita (not bread), an afternoon snack (usually a fat free yoghurt) and then tea.

I also do a zumba class and pilates once a week each and i'm hoping to see the pounds drop off slowly. I could probably be a lot more active but for my lifestyle at the minute this will do.

My problem is food portion sizes and bad snacking! I noticed that i put on most of my weight (well over a stone) due to portion sizes, i was greedy and instead of stopping when i was full, powered through and ate all that was on my plate. Now when i feel full, i stop.

already on met, doesnt seem to do much apart from give me the runs when I eat pizza lol

I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS and whilst i'm not majorly overweight (Around 11 stone) i have been told to try lose a few pounds to try and help. I've been speaking to a few friends who are health freaks and they said the best way is to manage your diet and to eat small and often.

Breakfast is the main meal of the day as it kickstarts your metabolism so i have started having porridge for mine, followed by a healthy snack mid morning (usually fruit), lunch consists of soup with ryvita (not bread), an afternoon snack (usually a fat free yoghurt) and then tea.

I also do a zumba class and pilates once a week each and i'm hoping to see the pounds drop off slowly. I could probably be a lot more active but for my lifestyle at the minute this will do.

My problem is food portion sizes and bad snacking! I noticed that i put on most of my weight (well over a stone) due to portion sizes, i was greedy and instead of stopping when i was full, powered through and ate all that was on my plate. Now when i feel full, i stop.

All good sensible information, we could all learn from yor example :) good luck!

I just found out I have PCOS is it believed you will not get pregnant until you drop weight? Is there anything else that can be done?

I've done all the blood tests, scans, examinations etc and I went to the hospital... all I was told was lose weight and come back in 4 months.

It seems to be the number 1 option and only when you have tried will they intervene (I have to get my BMI down before clomid/IVF)

Oh God Metformin makes me sicker than a dog.

I can't eat anything lol. Everything just comes out like 5 min later, It's causing me to have really bad breakouts too :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->