Pcos :(

Timetotry

Reaction score
Got diagnosed with PCOS today, and started metformin.

Feeling sad and disappointed that my body isn't functioning properly. And concerned about long term effects of PCOS. Ugh

There are plenty of women that go on to have happy and healthy pregnancies with PCOS. Don't be discouraged sweetie.
It "could" take you longer, and I will advise you to drink plenty of water, as Metformin is notorious for making your bowels loose. For some women, the adjustment is absolute torture.

Fingers crossed for you! Try to get some OPKs so you know when you are ovulating. I know for some with PCOS it doesn't really work, but you won't know where you fall in that category until you try. $20 bucks for a pack of 50 and 20 prego tests, can't really go wrong. Just use one every day in the afternoon/evening.

Hang in there sweets! Maybe post something in the LTTTC board? Many women with PCOS there. (I had the diagnosis, but had a lap done 4x to drill and drain my ovaries and thanks to endometriosis, I am down to HALF an ovary... I had a cyst develop over the coarse of a couple of days that sent me to the hospital shortly after surgery 3, and they sent me for an mri, they had to dissect my ovary to get it off/out. I actually ovulate just about every month still, and after that 4th surgery, the ovary went dormant (and thanks to handy dandy lupron to give it a rest), it perked back up after 4 months and been TTC ever since.

Thanks so much! I'll check that group out.
Good for you for having such a positive outlook! I wish you all the luck and timing, sounds like youvery been through way more then enough!

Thanks. It has taken a lot of time to get to this standpoint. I've kept my chin up since I was advised to have a hysterectomy at the age of 25 (and I refused).. hanging in there a little longer and trying to stay positive! Hopefully this will provide you with some encouragement, it's never over =P

At least you now know what's going on, and are taking steps to correct it. Much luck to you =)

Thinking of you Hun <3

I have been very worried lately about potentially having PCOS after my Doctor mentioned it (having tests soon) so I can empathise with how upsetting it is p, if I'm like this and not even diagnosed!

Although it might sound like a strange positive, it is good that you have been diagnosed so you can get the best care and support possible in TTC. I think it's really hard when each month there is no conception and we wonder why but hopefully this gives you a bit of an answer but also to know that with treatment and even without, it does happen, just takes longer. Easier said than done though in terms of being okay with that!

I'd say try and be gentle with yourself. It's natural to be upset and feel hurt etc that your body isn't doing what it should be doing but it's not your fault. You haven't done anything wrong.

Wishing you all the best xx

I have had pcos since puberty, but my doctor diagnosed in 2009, i tried for a long time with my previous partner and his sperm weren't good either, I tried once with my new partner and I have a 20 month old wrecking my sofa, chucking cushions everywhere :) x

Hi timetotry, I was diagnosed with PCOS in April this year and I broke down.....I literally felt like if it was ever going to happen then it would be years down the line!

And yes it is hard to accept that it happens so easily and quickly for a lot of people, I found myself being really bitter at the world and my ovaries! What made it worse was that my DH already has a child with his nightmare ex so I couldn't get him to understand why this was such a big deal!

I had to have loads of blood tests, an HSG (ouch) and am now finally on Clomid. Started 50mg last month and don't think I o'd, I find out next week if 100mg has worked! Once I've got O confirmed then i'll be given more 100mg Clomid and at that point i'll be in the same position as everyone else TTC!

Try not to stress, being angry and pushing back against all the tests etc just makes things worse. Crack on and focus on the end goal...hopefully not too far away for you :)

Feel free to DM me if you want to chat xx

I was diagnosed with PCOS recently as well and recommend you try Vitex!

I hadnt had a cycle in 3 months and once i started vitex and changed my diet boom i started ovulating again and finally got AF so hubby and I can try again! :thumbup:

There is hope so dont feel discouraged!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"