Peak Basal temps- question !?

natthecat

2 years TTC #1
Reaction score
hi guys, i've been temping since my last AF and am now on CD 25 my temps have been 35.5, 35.6, 35.4, 35.6, 35.7, 36.0, 36.0, 35.9 an like this up until today when it is 36.9?

How big a peak should I be looking for and can I really be O on day 25?

My O peak is usually this big of a jump - so it looks good. How long are your cycles normally? - CD25 might not be unusual for you.
It wont really be confirmed though till you have a couple of days of consistently high peaks.

Also - any other signs of O - like EWCM etc??

rx x

I gave up on temping about 4 months ago, so can't really remember how big a jump I got... Sorry I'm not much help...

:hug:

have you got a chart? its easier to see on that. Ive ovulated on cd40 before though if thats any consulation x

When you have ovulated your temperature will be at least .5 degrees higher than your four or five previous temperatures and will be maintained over at least three days. Once it has done that you can be sure you ovulated.

If you can get a thermometer that measures two decimal places(is that right??) like 36.55 etc etc plus if you chart it its so much easier as sometimes I just got a raise of .3 or .4 at times.....

Good Luck!

Emma.xx

Then I would say you ovulated CD24 then hun - hope this is your cycle.

Bx x:hugs:

I find lots of things affect my readings, like drinking alcohol, or waking up in the night, not sure if thats of any help. You have a gorgeous dog by the way :D

Lol Dan-o thanks :)

temp is 36.9 again I do it 4 times per day and over the last 2 days it's been at 36.9 7/8 times! good job i've had OH on BD'ing duty anyway :) lol!

The only temp that counts is the one first thing after you wake - that's your basal body temperature. There's too many variables after that - throughout the day... so there's no point in taking them and they don't count for anything. Just make sure the first thing you do after waking is grab the thermometer of the bedside table. No talking or moving. :)

It's odd that your temp stayed the same all day though... that doesn't sound right to me at all. It should rise throughout the day, more or less.

The other thing is you only need .1 above the coverline for 3 consecutive days to confirm ovulation. The coverline would be placed above the previous 6 temps - but if you use fertility friend, they do it more accurately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->