Pelvic Floor Exercises

~ Vicky ~

<3 Proud Mummy <3
Reaction score
Is everyone doing these religiously?

I started out weeks ago doing them all the time then I kinda... forgot :blush:

I have a weak bladder as it is, so i'm now paranoid i'm going to be so much worse after labour.

Really must keep doing them.

Never Done Em,Not Planning To.

I'm Too Lazy Do Any Exercises. :o

I Should Be Ashamed,lol.

I do them now and again......i will be doing them religously*sp* after i give birth but right now im not bothering to much :) XxX

No.... :blush: I do them at aquanatal and occasionally when I think about it, like last night in bed. But they make the baby jiggle! I've not had any leaking so touch wood I'm already toned in the pelvic region!

I have a weak bladder as it is, so i'm now paranoid i'm going to be so much worse after labour.

Yeah babe...keep up the good work.

Especially if you already have a weak bladder, better to prevent now than try to treat afterwards:blush:

Yeah babe...keep up the good work.

Especially if you already have a weak bladder, better to prevent now than try to treat afterwards:blush:
That's what I was thinking. I don't want to be like an old woman, but i'm so forgetful.

I do these everyday. I was advised to do them at the same time so you remember i.e when you are brushing your teeth.

I was shown a picture of a prolapse at my antinatal a few weeks ago and oh.my.god!!!! That was enough to make me do them daily!

Hmmm i WAS being really good and doing them everyday :( but i have been crap the past 2 weeks and not done them so much... gutted!

I havnt started doing them, should i :shrug:
My MW told me I should be doing them for a couple of minutes 2-3 times a day. She asked me at my 28wk appt if i'd started so I said sort of (after reading about them on here) and that's when she told me I should keep doing them more often.

I was shown a picture of a prolapse at my antinatal a few weeks ago and oh.my.god!!!! That was enough to make me do them daily!
I was going to google but I don't think I dare!

That's a good idea about doing them at a certain time of day along with your daily routine. Might try that - it might help me remember.

I Wish I had done more of these with my other two pregnancies :( especially afterwards... it really does make a difference!

Ooh Im so bad I hardly ever do them! But I know I realllly should!
xx

i'm trying to do them- but the most important time is after the birth. before the birth it can help with the birthing process, giving you more strength and control- but the muscle fibres get damaged so much during the birth that you have to start back from square one postnatally.
It would def help you before birth with weak bladder problems, but you'll have to increase the amount and the intensity afterwards.

So I will be doing them all the time afterwards-

My MW told me I should be doing them for a couple of minutes 2-3 times a day. She asked me at my 28wk appt if i'd started so I said sort of (after reading about them on here) and that's when she told me I should keep doing them more often.

Is that all? I've been told few mins at a time 10 times a day!!! For the rest of my life! Like I've nothing better to do!

A bit of advice from one whose pelvic floor has not been seen since the birth of my second child :blush: Do them!!!!!!
Before and after birth.
I am now paying the price, pregnant with my third and at the moment I have a bad cough. So lets just say everytime I cough I pee :blush:
I m only 32 and feel like an old lady who now has to wear pads to prevent embarrassment when out in public.
It may seem like the Mw are getting on at you but believe me its for good reason.

A bit of advice from one whose pelvic floor has not been seen since the birth of my second child :blush: Do them!!!!!!
Before and after birth.
I am now paying the price, pregnant with my third and at the moment I have a bad cough. So lets just say everytime I cough I pee :blush:
I m only 32 and feel like an old lady who now has to wear pads to prevent embarrassment when out in public.
It may seem like the Mw are getting on at you but believe me its for good reason.

ditto.. and I'm 23 :cry:

Is that all? I've been told few mins at a time 10 times a day!!! For the rest of my life! Like I've nothing better to do!
Gosh, really? I'd never remember to do them that amount of times..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->