Pelvic floor exercises!

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
I still havent started properly! Anyone else not started yet? i am having a c section so delivery worry isnt an issue but obviously i dont want weight of baby causing issues!

When do you fit them in and how often?

Xx

Oh these pelvic floor muscles!!!

I need to remember to do them daily!! ....I always forget, unless i read something like this!! so thankyou :)

I also need to remember to breathe when doing them haha!!

I had been doing them for a while before I found out I was pregnant, was just normal for me after having some physio for a bad back but the advice I got given was to hold for ten seconds, or as long as you can, building up to that and do that 8 times, 3 times a day. My physio suggested doing it 8 times for ten seconds each time at each meal as they are usually set points in the day when you are consciously doing something and can remember. Now I seem to be eating constantly though I just do when I remember. I alternate aswell between holding for the ten seconds and then doing 40 small 'clenches'.

I think any you do helps though, like any muscle it needs continued working so even if you only remember twice a week it all adds up! x

I'm with MrsH86 - pick an activity you do daily and do them then. I do them when I'm brushing my teeth and when I'm filling my water glass at work. :)

I do mine in the shower so usually so once most days. Sometimes I do them twice a day when I remember. I know I should be doing it a bit more.

Today I noticed my bump moving when I was doing it. It was so weird!

I just try and think of how much I don't want to be wearing Tenna Lady for the rest of my life and that keeps me going. I hate doing them though.

Lmao. I dnt even know if i know how to do them.properly :D

It's tricky to know if you're doing them for sure. When I had really poor muscles I'd have to hold my breath and really concentrate to do them, but it does become easier the more you do them. Usually it's said if you stop your urine flow then that's using those muscles, but don't do that often, it's not good for you, but just try a couple of times to get a feel for those muscles.

When you orgasm and your muscles clench and unclench that is the same feeling of those muscles being used so sometimes that's an easier way to know if you're doing them correctly because you might be more used to that sensation than of stopping your urine midflow hehe.

Try to relax when doing them, not clench your bum, leg or stomach muscles but really concentrate on those deep deep muscles inside and you'll feel them almost lifting. It's not the easiest to start but give it a week and you'll notice a bit of a difference and it'll become easier and natural and part of everyday life. It's really good to work them even when not pregnant and continuing to after will be good for when you're older too.

Hope that helps x

After having my son mine were not very strong, Ive been trying to remember to do them as much as i can, & like u say at 1st i literally couldnt hold them without holding my breath and the minute i breathed out the muscles dropped, but now its gettin alot easier i remember to tell myself to breathe in and out when holding them :)

god i keep forgetting. or i start doing them and just kinda get distracted & forget i'm doing them. i always do them when i sneeze & my yoga video makes you do some. they give me the shivers though! i get a weird shivery sensation when i do them :haha:

I'd been worrying about this! Apparently NICE guidelines are 3 sets of 8 clenches a day so I'm trying to do these even though I think I'm useless at doing them, got to be worth a try.

am i the only person not doing this?????

i really dont like the feeling of them :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"