pelvic floor help!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by muffin, Jan 16, 2007.

1. muffin

muffin 6 losses, mum to 1

please someone tell me where im going wrong, i thought i was doing the exercises ok but obviously not........ when i sneeze i wet myself :oops: :oops: :oops: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

You can test the muscles you need to squeeze, the next time you have a wee stop half way through by clenching. If you managed to stop it and start weeing again after a few seconds then you've found the right muscles.

Cx

3. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

Charm
    I agree with what you said but not during pregnancy it isn't wise as can lead to infection etc etc.

To test you are doig them right you should feel your bum muscles clench

Bex

4. Helen

Helen ICSI Twins + miracle BFP

Midwife woman who runs that exercise class I went to last week said it's ok to do the pee thing once or twice to check that you have the right muscles, then you need to do them everyday (though not while peeing).

Hmmm... yeah... "everyday".... anyone actually, honestly say they are doing that?

5. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

I tend to do mine when sat in traffic on way to work/way home (but not everday). :lol: