• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Pelvic Girdle Pain - please help!

anti

Reaction score
So I've been having pain in my left bum cheek on and off for about 2 weeks now. On Friday I lay on the sofa to watch telly for an hour and I really really struggled to get up. Kept getting shooting pains in my left bum cheek. it's got worse over the weekend and I can barely walk now. Night time is the worse when Im trying to sleep. The pain wakes me up and Im in agony trying to move. OH has to help me move it hurts so much. I googled all sorts of things from sciatica to pelvic girdle pain - and PGP seems to be the closest to what I have. Im going to ring my doctor and the midwives today but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this so early on? It hurts so much I cry when I have to walk up stairs etc. Ive come into work today - but it was the most painful journey ever. I need the money that why Im coming in - but I really dont want to be here - dont think I should be here! My docs only open at 9 and the midwive office at 10 so still got a while to go before I can even ring anyone - they probably wont be able to do anything anyway but its got so bad so quick and Im terrified its only gonna get worse.

:hugs: oh honey don't wanna R&R you sure it is not SPD? take care

i had this pain from 8 weeks in my pregnancy, it gradually got worse and a was a nightmare, i really feel for u. Just before 20 weeks i was sent to get a support belt which didnt help me as they ddint make them small enuf and i didnt have a bump to support. Also i was seen by a physio and was waiting for crutches when i ended up havin him early anyway. Mine started on one side but gradually affected both. However straight after having him the pain was gone!! not much help now i know!

thanks guys - confused - I hope you and your little man are ok. He was really tiny when he was born! :hugs:

I've got a doctors appointment at 4:20pm today - so hopefully they will recognise this as serious and try to help me out. (ive heard most doctors dont take pgp seriously) I really dont want to be at work but I need the money. It took me 1/2 hour just to get out of bed this morning coz Im in so much pain.

michael is doing fine, he is 13lb now and nearly 8 months old, he can walk round furnitiure holding on, he is a very determined little boy!
I agree with your opinion on the docs, mine tried to tell me it was sciatica, but i had a prev slipped disc so i know sciatica, i feels like being stabbed in the bum constantly!

Hi honey,

I've been diagnosed with pelvic girdle disorder from 27 weeks, my pelvis is completely out, I'm in agony every night and can hardly move in the day. I have now been signed off work and haven't slept properly for four weeks.

I would see your doctor to assess your pelvis, maybe get physio referral. Maternity support pants are a must (not sexy but really help) and the nexus support belt is fantastic. You have to keep you're legs together as much as possible and I would also recommend a maternity support pillow to help the skeletal alignment through the night. I can't sleep without paracetamol now.

Invest in this stuff early as I didn't and now I paying the price. I also worked too late on my feet as a nurse and it's really damaged my pelvis.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"