Pelvic inflamatory disease

Berniep

Reaction score
I've been having pains in my ovaries and uterus for a few months now, plus discharge and some bleeding between periods so doc sent me for a scan which i had nearly 4 weeks ago and am still waiting for the results, and he also asked me to get some swabs done but everytime i made a appt there was always some reason why nurse couldn't do them. Anyway for the last 2 and a half weeks i've been off work sick with pains in my ovaries and uterus and going dizzy as well as other symptoms but the docs kept saying they though it was other things like ibs (which i suffer from) or a water infection and have kept telling me not to worry about my womens bits i think they thought i was getting a bit obcessed but its my body and i know where the pain is! anyway last night pain was worst its ever been i didn't sleep a wink and if i could have got to A + E i probably would have gone so i went back to docs today and saw a different doc i again told him my symptoms and he said straight away it sounds like pelvic inflamatory disease(PID) and that he would do some swabs there and then, so he did swabs and had a look, he said my cervix looks ok but i was a bit inflammed and sore and i did have some discharge while he was taking swabs so he was quite sure it was PID, he has signed me off work for another 2 weeks and given me 2 different antibiotics to take for 2 weeks, i've also to refrain from sex till i'm sorted and i've to ring in a week for the results and go back in 2 weeks to see if treatment has worked. So i've come home and googled it and apparantly PID is more
common in people who have a untreated STI, now i trust my hubby 100% and know he would never be unfaithful and in fact for the last 18 months i have know where he is every minute of the day, but what worries me is that 11 and a half years ago before we got together i was seeing someone else and i'll admit i was young and stupid and although we only slept together a few times we didn't use protection and obviously now i'm more mature i realise it only needs to be the one time of having unprotected sex to catch a STI! i'm so annoyed with myself, i know i don't know for sure yet until i get the results and there is a chance i 've just got a non-STI related infection that has caused the PID but i can't help thinking how stupid i was, i even googled whether STI's could lay dormant for 11-12 years and they can so now i feel even worse, i've sat and cried all afternoon, i feel so ill and am in so much pain and it could all be my own stupid fault.
Has anyone else ever suffered from PID? any advice will be most welcome x

BernieP
Try not to worry I know it's hard but it could be something completely different.
You should also try to see this as a positive step in trying to conceive! You can now sort the problem out and get treatment for PID and move forward on your road to a new baby!
Don't beat yourself up about something that happened such a long time ago - we have all done things we regret!!
Don't be upset - I am sure everything will work itself out!

Hugs

Garkat23 x x x x

I'm so glad you were able to see another doctor who's started some positive things! I would consider only going back to this new doctor in future!

As for your worry about sti's ..... don't panic until you get the results (easier said than done i'm sure!) another thing to think about is if it was an sti, your hubby would have it also and usually a sti that is left untreated and unknown in a woman is easier to spot in a man (so if your hubby hasn't had an sti in the last 11yrs it's unlikely to be an sti).

Can you go to a family planning clinic and be screened annonomously? They usually have walk in appointments and if you give then the low down and tell then it's worrying and upsetting you they're usually very helpful.... and you get the results v. quickly!

I hope you get some answers soon xx

I went through this agonising wait 2 weeks ago, questioning whether my past had caught up with me, or god forbid oh had picked it up. No one explained until the results came back is that PID is a catch all terms for infections "up there". It doesnt need to have been through sex. I had no signs of any infection and the symtoms were consistent with that however they failed to take into account my recent surgery.
Forget about the hows whys and where and take the medication, and focus or your health and recovery.
I know its hard.
XXXXX

Thanks for your replies i feel alot better now especially the bit about my husband would be showing symptoms by now, i think the doc took some swabs for STI's as well but i think i will ring them tommorrow to see if i can find out what he actually took swabs for, i'll just have to try to relax and get on with getting better so i can start ttc again asap x

hey hun - i had that last year - got taken to A&E it was that bad - and got told it was more than likely i had an sti, got treated like s**t - and this was not the case all swabs came back clean - ive neva had an sti - docs can be very insensitive and generally horrid and just presume its coz your dirty but they could not explain why i had it.

not sure if thats any help - they only explanation i got - but then changed their tune when they realised it wasnt due to an sti.
tbh i think they make it up as they go along.

sorry im rambling.

real sorry your having a bad time at min - im here if you need me :) :hugs:

Thanks Su it means alot knowing that it happened to someone and it wasn't a STI, and thanks for been there for me it really does mean alot, i can't get over how bad the pain is and how ill i feel and what annoys me is i've been telling them for weeks, months even that there was something wrong and no one would listen i know i shouldn't have googled it cause now i'll worry but it does say if its not caught early enough it can cause further complications x

I think the judgement bestowed on people due to it MIGHT be an sti in the NHS is appalling. Even if it was an sti they are there to treat, not to judge. I wrote a letter of complaint to my NHS trust after I read your thread. Honestly good luck and I know you will be fine lovey. XXXX

hey,

thats ok hun - i know what you mean does hurt esp when docs turned to me infront of OH and said it - that was hard and i know my OH believes me and trusts me.

but dont stop it hurting - and then the gyne woman says it may be due to me maybe having a m/c but they dont know as i wouldnt go drs as was too upset. as i had been treated like shit by em and i wouldnt go. its all too much - i dont know.

me and OH have had a massive row 2nite. fellin very broken and PMA has been shot to s**t
dont know whats going on.

HI Bernip
How are you getting on? Have you heard back?
x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->