• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Pelvic Pressure, a sign or should I Be Worried?

BreMoriarty

Reaction score
Hey guys! First time posting, I'll try and make it quick.

I've been experiencing pelvic pressure for about 4 days now, but have taken numerous pregnancy tests (dollar store and 2 first response tests) and they are all negatives.

What DPO am I you ask? TRYING to make a long story short, I'll say I have been assuming I ovulated on February 25th. When I first got my period as a teen they were regular for a good while, then they were irregular, then I remember just not getting them. I was worried at the time, but my doctor told me not to worry, but I ended up going on birth control because I was worried and because entering college soon I hoped to be sexually active lol so figured I should be on it anyways. I was on it ever since. I stopped taking birth control November 17th, got a period a couple days later and one the month after (December 17th), and have had none since.

I have such a poor memory, but while I just learned I was reading my ovulation tests wrong, I DO vaguely recall during one of the past months one of my tests having a clear dark line, meaning I was DEFINITELY ovulation. My point being I DO ovulate (I've been estimating I do every month around the 21st). I had an exam last month with a new doctor (seeing as how we're TTC I figured I should become familiar with someone) and he ran the usual tests and even tho I hadn't had my period for a couple months I wasn't pregnant.

I am totally guessing on my ovulation date, but like I said I'm going off of February 25th, which means today I'm DPO 16. I'm having this pelvic pressure, but negative pregnancy tests. I called to make an appt with my doctor today, but he's out of town, so I won't see him another 7 days.

OK SO MY QUESTION: Should I be worried and go to the ER/get examined? My irregular period history makes me so nervous something is wrong although I'm in NO pain! Absolutely none at all. Just very uncomfortable pressure. I'm still able to workout, have sex, etc. It's more noticeable when I'm sitting and the other night when I'm sleeping. I have NO other pregnancy symptoms (maybe a bit tired?). I'm going to test on Sunday, the day before my appt, but I no matter how much I google I can't find anyone whose going through what I am exactly, and it's driving me insane so I thought I'd take it to a message board.

The ONLY medical "issue" I've had in this regard is one time in HS I had an ovarian cyst burst. It was painful, and I couldn't stand. I went to the ER, they made sure it was flushed out, examined me, and said everything looked good.

I concede I could have miscalculated my ovulation date, but then wouldn't my pregnancy tests be positive by now if it is pregnancy? Am I missing something? Everyone I googled either already got a BFP, had pain and realized something was wrong (which isn't the case with me), or got pelvic pressure but WEEKS later and of course by then they also had a BFP sooo yea.

Sorry, I know this was a novel. Thanks!

*BUMP*

also, I keep feeling like I need to be all the time, moreso than usual because of the pressure. Pressure wasn't as strong today! once or twice I thought I've felt something like a cramp, but not sure it'd worth mentioning.

I had pelvic pressure, felt like something pushing on my pubic bone a couple cycles back, but it was nothing and I started my period a little after that. I haven't had it since. I think for me, TTC has made me feel all of these weird symptoms and pains that I have never had before, or at least that I have not had unless I was pregnant. So I kept thinking I was pregnant each month only to not be. I don't understand it at all, but I have had my hormones tested and all were normal. I even went and got a saline ultrasound and HSG to check my uterus and fallopian tubes for abnormalities because I was almost convinced something weird was going on in there but all was normal.
Also, as far as OPK's go they are not 100% accurate, You can get a clear positive but not actually ovulate. A more sure way to know is to get your blood drawn 7 days before your period is due to see how high your progesterone is. Since youre periods are irregular you would need to take ovulation tests, then once you get a positive opk you would get the progesterone test 7 days later. That is when your progesterone should be at its highest. Usually anything over 10 indicates a strong ovulation. If it's lower you may need to be put on clomid or femara to boost ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"